On top of my normal job, which includes conceiving and writing an editorial, editing national and local columns and letters, then putting it all on a page with other elements, as well as managing a staff of copy editors (not to mention the routine things like checking, replying to and verifying e-mail, dealing with phone calls, etc., I got to:
• Write a story for another section.
• Go to a long lunchtime meeting for a big offsite project, including updating my presentation and doing a dry run of the presentation.
• Assign the wire section and lay out the main wire page, as one of my staffers is on vacation.
• Had to go to another meeting later.
• And a buncha other stuff.
To top it all off, the WOW server will be down all the rest of the night and into the early morning ... *sigh*