Tuesday, August 16, 2005

killer cereal ...

At a meeting today, the discussion turned to cereal. It seems as if some of my co-workers enjoy mixing cereals — the good for you, full of fiber stuff with the sweet, bad-for-you cereals.

Bleah.

I can't mix cereals unless they're pretty much the same thing. I need my cereal grains to be of a relatively uniform texture. That's just me.

My favorite cereals:

• Cocoa Krispies. Best chocolate cereal ever. I can't stand Cocoa Puffs or Cocoa Pebbles; they're both nasty. Cocoa Krispies with banana slices is the best. Second place is Count Chocula.

• Tony the Tiger. That's what it's name should be, not "Frosted Flakes." Every kid I've ever known calls it Tony the Tiger cereal. Also a great cereal when mixed with banana slices.

• Raisin Bran. Something about the sweetness of raisins mixed with the bowel-cleansing goodness of bran.

• Grape Nuts. But only the following way: with about 1/4-inch of milk above the cereal level, then set aside for 10 to 15 minutes, so it soaks up all the goodness of milk and gets non-crunchy.

• Sugar Smacks. The crack of cereals. You have to eat it fast, because once it gets soggy it's pure nasty, but man, oh man, is this stuff good.

• Wheaties. Hey, what can I say? I bought it for the athletes on the box; keep coming back for the taste.

And keep all that Mueslix-like new-age cereal away from me. Use it for it's original intended purpose: Feeding goats and other lifestock.

Random Guam fact of the day:
While Mt. Everest is the highest mountain, Guam's Mt. Lamlam is, technically, the tallest. Everest is 29,035 feet above sea level. While Lamlam is only 1,332 feet above sea level, it's "base" is, again technically, the bottom of the Marianas Trench, which has been measured at 35,800 feet in depth, or 6.2 miles. Add Lamlam's height and you get a grand total of 37,132 feet in height, from bottom to top.

1 comment:

DZER said...

amateur: I'll have to try that out ...

allison: always good to have someone to share the cereal throne with

ed: whole grain = fodder

chrissie: true dat! holla!

rm: I like the loops too, now and then, but not one of my all-time faves ...