Saturday, December 30, 2006

catching up ...

• I've had an employee out sick for the week, which is one of the reasons I haven't been around, as I've had to cover parts of his shift on different days when I couldn't find someone to fill in.

• Looking forward to another three-day weekend, even though I'll be working for a wee bit on Monday. Yes, the time will be spent on productive areas -- sleeping, a little golf, leveling my character on World of Warcraft to 40 so she can gain a mount. Heh.

• Had lunch with a friend from high school on Friday. Haven't seen her since we were in college, though we've kept in touch sporadically over the years. She's back to visit her mom and bring her family -- hubby and three children -- to her island home. It was good to catch up with her, and we plan to hang out a bit more on Monday night, having some drinks and dinner before she leaves on Wednesday. And this time I get to meet the hubby. Oh, and if it's possible, she looks even better (hotter) than she did in high school ... there's no way you would guess that she's 37 AND has pushed out three rugrats. Time -- and pilates -- has treated her well.

• New Year's resolutions ... does anyone even make them anymore. That is, does anyone make them intending to actually follow through on them? Here, for the sake of making them, are mine:
> Lose a bit more weight ... and get some new clothes to go with the slimmer (relatively speaking) figure

> Move ... and not just to another apartment

> Get fully and properly kissed ... preferably by a woman, and a sexy one at that

> Try to start writing non-work stuff again

> Reach level 60 with at least one WOW character, if not two or three

> Expand my vocabulary

> Improve my golf game to the point where I regularly break 90

That's it. Happy New Year's Eve eve.

12 comments:

The Savage said...

You are a living unabridged dictionary as it is, Big Bro. How is it that there are words in the english language that you do not know? Unless you plan on learning another language in its entirety....

Madame X said...

Yeah! What he said!

Stephanie said...

i'm working on my resolutions too

our #1's are the same

Natalia said...

I love your vocabulary as it is. So more of it would just be icing on the cake. Writing non-work stuff!!! *snoopydance of writerhood* And losing weight has been on my list forever. So what is this moving???? A move to another part of the world?

-N

Anonymous said...

Are you moving the parts of the United States that actually TOUCH other states?

Hmmmm?

SignGurl said...

Happy New Year, D!!

ArtfulDodger said...

Those seem like resolutions that you might actually be able to keep!! Happy New Year big (although rapidly decreasing) guy, feels weird writing this knowing you are living in a whole other year already!

terry said...

happy new year, dzer! i hope you get everything you want out of 2007.

Sunny Delight said...

Happy New Year, sounds like you have some fine plans for yourself, I especially like number 3.....stands on line hoping ;)

JMai said...

Happy new year, Dzer! Expand your vocab? You throw out more 50-cent words (what my mom calls them...I really have NO idea why) than anyone I know. Well I don't really know you, but you get my drift.

KJ said...

*puts in pilates dvd*

Snow White said...

Okay... it's been too long without a DZER fix... post, please! :) xoxox