Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Financial bullshit and other meanderings

So I'm stupid. At no point after my bankruptcy several years ago did I bother to check my credit report.

Big mistake. Huge. Gigantic.

Two credit reporting agencies have everything right.

One doesn't -- the one primarily used by most financial institutions in Guam.

So it's not the fact that I have a bankruptcy that's been keeping me from getting loans, no matter how small the amount. It's not my relatively recent financial activity -- I have been making all payments on time, doing bills as I should.

Nope.

Turns out the big issue is the aforementioned credit reporting agency still had two accounts closed off by my bankruptcy listed as open. And overdue. And unpaid. For years. One of the, a $15,000-plus old loan.

Ouch.

So now I'm disputing it and trying to get it fixed. The catch -- the credit reporting agency will take its sweet time to research and, hopefully, rectify the situation. Up to 45 days.

Which means I'm screwed till then, even though I just need about a grand to get my new home comp and get straight with all kinds of stuff.

At least for the next 6-7 weeks.

Caveat bankruptor, I suppose.

2 comments:

MsBeHaven said...

Sorry Sugar... I miss playing with you... *wink wink nudge nudge*...

We need a new chathouse lol

DZER said...

yes we do ... I need a new "stable" of go-to gals lol