Thursday, August 04, 2005

Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do?

OK, I've been reading a lot of "guys are fucked up" posts on several different blogs, and the comment sections of said blogs, over the last several days. And while I empathize with those who have been fucked over, here are some things that I've notices and/or experienced.

• Girls don't go for nice guys. It doesn't matter how often I hear women say "I just want a nice guy," they never actually follow through with this, even when they have the opportunity. Why? Bad guys are more exciting. They offer thrills and passion. They also offer heartache, but no woman ever wants to admit that, even if she knows it.

• When women ask for advice about a guy, all they really want is to hear you say what they want to hear. I've had women ask me what I thought about a guy they were seeing, or whether they should get more serious about a guy. And I gave them honest, straightforward advice; my read on the guy(s). And these haven't necessarily been women I was interested in; most were just my friends. Other friends, males and females, gave the same or similar advice, usually along the lines of "he's an asshole" or "he will hurt you," etc. And yet they ignored all that advice.

Hell, one guy told the woman she was a "monster" because she was might have been pregnant and wasn't sure what she was going to do about it. He belitted her, berated her — all around verbal abuse. They're now married and guess what — she's not totally happy. Duh.

So yes, there lots of asshole men out there. But there also are a lot of women who ignore that fact until too late.

7 comments:

da buttah said...

i ask all my friends what they think....they no like, out he goes.

da buttah said...

oh! and there's this problem of assholes proclaiming and fairing semblance of being nice...but at critical time they go total COCK!

DZER said...

can't deny that ... but the vast majority of the "nice guys" end up as "just friends" because she "doesn't want to ruin our friendhip" ...


... but no, I'm not bitter ...

da buttah said...

hey i'm in the same boat.

you think all my friends are guys because i'm the most dateable bitch ever?

DZER said...

I gave up on dating a long time ago.

I'm just waiting for a friend to hook me up with a nice, compliant Filipina bride who needs a green card and doesn't mind being married to a shaven-headed giant ... which includes cleaning and cooking.

and ... I must admit ... the occasional backscratch.

da buttah said...

i'm young. i have time. i'm just far too bitter.

DZER said...

bittah buttah? bettah be beloved buttah, baby