Friday, November 18, 2005

gross ant story, updates and thanksgiving ...

OK, just in case you thought you were having a bad week, I present to you the following story:

KOLKATA, India (Reuters) - A woman receiving treatment for diabetes at a state-run hospital in eastern India lost one of her eyes after ants nibbled away at it, officials said on Tuesday.

The patient recovering from a post-surgery infection shrieked for help as the ants attacked her on Sunday night, but nurses told her it was normal to feel pain from the infection.

On Monday, the patient's family saw a gaping hole with swarming ants in it when they lifted the bandage on her left eye.

Authorities of the Sambhunath Hospital in Kolkata said they were probing the incident.


WTF??? Ants. Ate. Her. Fucking. Eye.

While she was in the hospital.

Being eyecandy is NOTpleasant.

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

OK ... let the updates begin!!



• Yes, new photos, such as the one above, are up on DZER's Guam Pics.

• I am now presenting, on the right-hand rail of my blog, a gallery of DZER mugs. Scroll on down. Tell me which one you like best and why ... and win a FABULOUS prize!

• Links over to the right are updated. It's a MANdated change — yes, I do read men's blogs, despite the often-heard snarky comments about my "Dzerettes." Anyway, I've fixed the link to Hick's blog. I know you're Mike now, Mike, but you will always be Hick to me. Two new additions to the highly influential "Blogs I Read ..." list: a man called Horsn and Castufari. Horsn's got mad graphics skills, as he showed by putting murph's name onto Everything Nice's tits. Dude ... if you can put ME on her chest, I'd be eternally grateful.

ON WITH THE BLOGGING!!!

Can you believe, after all of that, I still have shit to say? I'm very vociferously and vibrantly verbose, vermin! Oh yeah ... I did it ... and with V's too baby. Deal with it!

It's fucking Thanksgiving next week. In fact, it's just five days away for me. Six for you suckers, but that's just because you're living behind the time, bitches!!

Hmm ... I will pause now to apologize for my blatantly belligerent and bellicose berating, blog-onauts. I just realized I called you "vermin," "suckers" and "bitches" in the span of two very short paragraphs! LOL ... I'm sure some of the chicks out there are probably turned on with my mean and uncaring Dom talk, but for the sake of Kathi and other delicate and fragile blossoms of womanhood, I will restrain my baser instincts.

(Those of you who don't want me to restrain my instincts, but would rather have me restrain you, and then perform deliriously decadedent and deeply debasing acts upon your quivering, aching bodies, e-mail me immediately!!)

By the way, I hereby stake claim to the term BLOG-ONAUTS. I claim it for the honor and glory that is DZERLAND! If anyone has used it before me, tough shit! It's mine!

OK ... back to Thanksgiving.

It's next week! Yay!!

It's my most favoritist holiday, right after Christmas. I can't get enough turkey, giblet gravy, mashed taters, stuffing/dressing (yes, I know the difference — do you?) and pumpkin pie. Seriously. I wish I could eat that meal at LEAST once a week. It's one of my all-time favorite meals. I will try to have several Thanksgiving meals.

I will eat at the office — the paper is great about taking care of employees who work the holiday. One of the island's top catering companies will be paid to provide turkey, ham, mashed taters, stuffing, gravy and pies for those working Thursday. So I will eat there. If there are leftovers, I will sneak some home.

Then I will be eating at my the Thanksgiving feast of my pare' and muli. Those are Chamorro words for the father and mother of my godchildren. Ri can cook her ass off. Again, there will be turkey, ham, taters, stuffing, etc. I will definitely be taking food home from this one too, so I can have leftovers on Friday.

By the way, just a few words on stuffing/dressing:

• There should never be any raisins in it. Seriously.

• There should never be oysters in it. Seriously.

It should basically be stale bread, diced, onions, celery, giblets, black olives, and seasonings. No crazy ingredients. No apples. No sausage. No broccoli. No nuts. No cranberries. Simple and basic are key. Fuck all that fancying up of stuffing/dressing.

More on Thanksgiving in the week to come. Keep an eye out for:

• The Thanksgiving That Almost Wasn't.

• Typhoons, Thanksgiving and Swarming Bees.

• DZER's Childhood Thanksgivings on Guam: Fiesta Plus Haole Holiday Feast!

Keep an eye out for this holiday blogramming (YES, BITCHES!! ANOTHER COINED TERM!!) and more, right here on DZER's Diatribe!! Wow. I linked to myself on my own blog. That is just sad. But fuck it. LOL

POP QUIZ!
If you can remember, without scrolling back up how many:
• Bloggers I linked to in this post
• Authored Amped and Amazing Awesome Alliterations
You win a FABULOUS PRIZE!!

That's right, fuckers! (Excuse the channeling of Stiffler yet again) TWO FABULOUS PRIZES offered in ONE blog!!

Random Guam Fact Of The Day:
• Guam was formed millions of years ago when a pair of volcanoes sank beneath the ocean, leaving only their peaks above water.

38 comments:

mikster said...

Sorry for causing the extra work....lol...and I whole-heartedly agree on the stuffing ingredients.

SignGurl said...

It's funny 'cause when you said mugs, I thought you meant coffee mugs! Yes, I'm blonde. I like the one with the tie an vest because that is THE BEST SMILE EVER! *sigh* just beautiful!

DZER said...

Mike: No problemo, buddy. Happy to once again direct even more hordes of women to your site. btw ... am I still the ONLY male on your blog roll? LOL

And I KNEW you had sense, re: the stuffing.

DZER said...

jenn: sorry — newspaper terminology LOL. and aww ... *flashing my smile atcha* ... ain't you the sweetest thing?

;)

DZER said...

gigi: umm ... ewww. I don't want any of the stuffing you mentioned LOL

and thanks darlin' ... I can't find that tie. I'm think it's in some stripper's personal effects LOL ... but that vest is one my mom made for me ... rocking the kokopelli baby!

DZER said...

HER EYE, PEOPLE!! THE ANTS ATE HER FUCKING EYE!!!

SignGurl said...

You are making my stomach turn her duane. stop, just stop.

I'm going back to look at that smile. Yep, still there!

SignGurl said...

her should have been here

my typing skills suck in the morning

SignGurl said...

I also channeled Stifler in my post today. I try to use the F-bomb conservatively so that it has more effect when I drop it.

da buttah said...

see...that's the inherent flaw with hindu. while ants in american gorge on food we leave everywhere..the ant population is so HUGE in india, on account of everyone dusting them out of the way before stepping, that they have to feed themselves somehow..and what better place than the water filled sclera of a human being? DELISH!

in other news: i fucking HATE thanksgiving. mostly because it means i sit in a kitchen from wednesday night till thursday night (non stop for the most part) and just cook up a mother-fuckin-storm: turkey, wild rice, stuffing (i've been told the best around), sweet potatoes, spaghetti squash, carmelized carrots with brown sugar and lemon sauce, mushrooms a la elle, a vegetable concoction served cold (but that's delish), homemade wheat bread and sourdough, pumpkin pie cheesecake, pumpkin pie (2, one with cinnamon and nutmeg, one without), homemade honey whip cream for the pumpkin pie's and pumpkin whip cream for all other desserts, homemmade lactose free ice cream (for me ;)), peanut butter cup cookies...blah blah blah

and then friday morning a giant turkey omlette with made to order fixin's...

fuck the holiday's!

DZER said...

jenn: sorry darlin' ... btw .. any other part of you suck in the morning ;)

buttah, dahlink: peacenik no-killing Hindus! They need an Orkin man!

and it sounds like you rock the Thanksgiving feast .... fuck I love homemade bread! ANOTHER reason to miss my mom!

Hmmm ... maybe I can fly to the East Coast, gorged on Guam Thanksgiving, and make it there in time for your meal ... heh

DZER said...

gigi: you're entering the craziness that ell posted about? gadzoinks!! good luck, woman!

psst ... is ell your guest star next HNT? ;)

da buttah said...

come on down.....

every single friend i have in the fuckin tri-state area of new york is going to be there.

*shakes head* nothing good will ever come out of my four best friends...and my parents in the same room

and i vote for the cigar photo. ahhhhh...nothing better than a cigar, some hennessey, a hammock. god i love daddy-daughter talks!

DZER said...

buttah: you should make the friends pay for the meal ... LOL ... and you don't think I look too crazy in the cigar pic? the eyes are a bit ... frenetic LOL

gigi: well, that gives you chance to kiss and make up with here ;)

da buttah said...

CIGAR PIC!!

and with that..i'm going back to bed. my cement cave of a living room is too fucking cold!

DZER said...

buttah: I love the cold! to a certain degree. ooooooh! see what I punned there? LOL

gigi: you like a man in a hat? especially a tilted, fat Sinatra hat?

ell: I'm appealing to ya: Kiss the girl! LOL

SignGurl said...

I do suck in the morning sometimes *giggles*

I forgot to mention that your Guam pics are just mean to us mainlanders. It's 20F right now and it snowed yesterday.

On the brighter side, I love snow and I'm going to a lighted Christmas parade tonight where they light the tree at the capital and then light off fireworks. I'll post some pictures soon cause it rocks!

mikster said...

Now that you mention it....and I had to look....you are the only guy I have linked...now I'll be wondering about that for the rest of the day....lol

DZER said...

jenn: good for you! and I want to see snow pics! I always tell my friends and relatives in the states to send me snow for xmas ... they never do LOL

mike: I love being soooooo special! *gives you a smooch on the cheek*

LMFAO

DZER said...

gigi: LOL ... I think ya made Mike blush!

DZER said...

what the fuck? where are my pinches? or gropes? c'mon, it's my damn blog! LOL

DZER said...

gigi ... *wiping brow* umm ... yeah ... that'll work ... *snogs ya*

DZER said...

naughty wench!

I like that about you ;)

DZER said...

she was told that the sensation she was feeling under the bandage was normal for the surgery she had ... yikes.

DZER said...

are you cuckoo for onomatopoeia? does it make you bow-wow? Is it the cat's meow? Tick tock, tick tock!

DZER said...

gigi: nice!

grainne: c'mon ... you know you're a tad bit snarky! LOL ... and everytime I try to smooch you or do something else you always change the subject ... so either give it up now and then or stop feeling jealous ... LMAO

and because I love you, I will forgive you the cornbread crap thing LOL

DZER said...

I come from family farmers on both sides too ... and I love cornbread with butter ... mmm ... but stuffing is bread! and none of that fancy-pants foreign bread! LOL

Deb said...

Errr....forgot what I was going to comment about after Gigi lost her pants... err ummm...yeh.....

SOOOOOO...... My eye hurts from that first story.... That was, ....gross..... ughhhhhh....

On the other hand, that picture of Guam looks incredible! That should be framed!

*MuWaHHHH*

~The bitch~

SignGurl said...

Parlaiment Funkadelic Rocks! (even though Murph said it)

And Grainne~Dzeritos *snort* That's really frickin' funny! I think that D should coin that one.

SignGurl said...

I'm wondering if Duane ever sleeps.

kathi said...

Just when I think I'm crazy about you...you say crap about oyster dressing. What's wrong with you...geesh. Gonna take me some time to get over this!

Oh, and the pic...I like the one with the hat and sun glasses. Hat, I love a guy in hats and I think it adds a touch of class, and the sunglasses add mystery. So, whatta I win?? And no fair holding it against me that I know good dressing and YOU don't. :)

DZER said...

gigi: your lack of fancy pants — or any pants — works for me! ;)

deb: focus darlin’ … focus! And more great pics on my other blog!

sugarpunk: good guesses … but you missed some links … and of course I like you … who doesn’t? ;)

murphy: george clinton for pre-thanksgiving? hmm … LOL

sugarpunk: the ants ate her eyeball out! fuck! LOL

allison: thanks darlin’ … that one seems to be popular. TGIF to you too! J

jenn: Duane slept from 2 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. love them Saturdays

kathi: why would you put seafood INSIDE of poultry? what’s next, chicken stuff with bass? quail with crawdads inside? bleah!!

and the prizewinner has yet to be determined! :oP

gigi: I don’t think anyone does, really. LOL

DZER said...

sugarpunk: what kinda drink? ;)

allison: I made those! heh. and I'm going to be making some more soon ;)

kathi said...

People put all kinds of things into places that aren't completely 'natural', hon...so what of it? Doesn't mean it's not enjoyable. :)

idobcool said...

Regarding your "Vomiting and other unpleasantness" post from a few days ago. Do you drink Diet Soda with aspartame/nutrasweet etc.. or anything with a sugar substitute? If you do, that could be your problem, it's poison, REALLY! Just thought I'd throw that out there because people are getting sick from that stuff and don't realize it.

DZER said...

sugarpunk: thanks for playing! and no tequila ... ever ... bleah

kathi: what unnatrual things are you sticking where, darin'? LOL

idobcool: nope ... none of that artificial crap for me LOL

DZER said...

YAY!! first time I've been over 60 comments! woohooo!!

*basks in the glow*

DZER said...

You must have been under the influence of something that makes you forgetful ... hmm ... what could that be? LOL

and EW!! ANTS ATE HER FRICKIN' EYEBALL!!