Some of the things that I've done since losing power:
• Cleaned up a bit, throwing a lot more junk out (and some more still to come).
• Watched a lot of movies this week (air-conditioned theaters, no TV/cable) -- in no particular order, I've seen "Shooter," "Fracture," and "In the Land of Women." In about 30 minutes, it'll either be "Next" starring Nicholas Cage or "Blades of Glory."
• Sweated in the semi-dark, including whilst trying to sleep. I think I've only had one real good, long, restful night of sleep in my apartment ... it was very rainy Saturday night, so it was cool and breezy all the way up till noon.
• I've driven my truck more in the last 10 days than in the previous month. The homebody became a leaving-the-hot-dark-homebody.
• Found an Internet cafe that is very cool and helpful, even though I'm the only one over 21 playing World of Warcraft there at varying hours.
• Eaten a lot of cheap meals in cheap restaurants.
• Read four books and have just started my fifth.
• Played poker twice ... losing both nights on bad beats, unfortunately.
• Just today I: ate a lazy breakfast at a diner-esque place and did the Sunday crossword puzzle; got the oil on my truck changed (long overdue); saw a movie; went to the bookstore (and bought the fifth book mentioned above); bought a new bed, complete with frame, headboard and nightstand, as well as a new, comfy desk chair; moved said furniture up into my apartment; swept the stairs up to my apartment, as well as most of the living room ... and I'm currently blogging and almost ready to head for the theaters.
That's it ... look for a much more boring week ahead for me ... IF the power actually is reconnected tomorrow.