Thursday, July 14, 2005

Almost 9 months ...

I quit smoking on Oct. 24. Cold turkey.

I haven't smoked anything for almost nine months now, and although it's good, it also sucks.

I really miss smoking. I liked everything about smoking. I loved my Zippos; that snicking, clicking sound, the smell of naphtha. I loved the taste and feel of smoke.

But I also like the fact that I can play a round of golf without feeling like I'm dying by the 11th hole. I like being able to walk up the stairs to my second-story apartment without breathing heavily. I like the fact that I've even managed to lose some weight.

Yet I still miss smoking.

I have decided that I will smoke cigars, now and then, on special occasions. Not everyday, not even every other day. Just now and then. But I've made a promise and can't do that until I've been smoke-free for a full year first.

A little more than three months. I can't wait. I know that's wrong, but oh well!

7 comments:

da buttah said...

cigars are wonderful =0)

DZER said...

I might have the chance to smoke a Cuban cigar tomorrow at golf ... I think I might have to end my pledge 3 months early.

I mean, how often does one have the chance to smoke a Cubano?

Chrissie said...

*ahem* Is that right...

DZER said...

*sigh*

I guess not.

LOL

Chrissie said...

lol As if I would know either way :oP But I'll trust you to know better! *swat*

pet index said...

great blog, you may be interested in my site too about quitting smoking and my stop smoking program

pet index said...

great blog, you may be interested in my site too about quitting smoking and my stop smoking help product