Wednesday, July 27, 2005

amateurs are dangerous ...

Playing poker with people who lack true savvy and knowledge of the game can hurt you — big time.

I am one of four players who call the $50 opening bet. Flop comes up 10-9-5.

I'm holding 7-8 suited (only reason I called is they were suited and it was getting close to end of the night).

The bet is $50. I bump to $100. The next guy debates, but calls. Next guy's out, then the opener calls.

Turn card is a jack. I've made the 7-J straight, with a possible flush draw still.

Opener goes all in for $300. I call, putting him on two pair. The next guy calls and we all show. First guy had the two pair. Last guy had queen-king for the top straight. The river is a blank, and the high straight takes down the pot.

But here's the deal: Why the fuck does he call a $100 bet after he gets no part of the flop? The guy had no business calling that bet, not on a hope to catch one of four jacks to fill an inside straight!!

Sometimes idiots just get lucky when they shouldn't be in a hand. I hate them.

2 comments:

DZER said...

Hey ... I'm willing to teach ya!

*shuffles the deck*

DZER said...

yahoo! games