Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Five things I find objectionable

thanks to the tag by the tall sassinator ...

1. Censorship. Ummmm ... it's just a fucking video game, OK? I guess people have been running out of books to burn.

2. The quality of drivers that motor vehicles allows on the roads. Idiots. So many fucking idiots.

3. About 20 percent of the things my government, both local and federal, chooses to spend taxpayer money on. Do we really need to spend $1 million for multiflora rose control? Or $8.5 million for economic analysis of food and agriculture policy? C'mon.

4. Fanatics. There's something highly disturbing about a person who won't change their minds no matter what, even if a vast preponderance of evidence proves them wrong. "Ain't no way we come from monkey!"

5. Society's current fascination with 95 percent of all "reality" television. Please just fucking strangle me. I'd rather watch "CSI: Albuquerque" or "Law & Order: Animal Control" than this other shit.

Random Guam Fact Of The Day:
• Supertyphoon Paka, which hit Guam Dec. 16, 1997, recorded gusts of up to 240 mph. That's not a typo. Two hundred forty miles per hour.

8 comments:

DZER said...

Three fuckin spam comments means that everyone's favorite DZER will now also be using the word verification system.

asshats.

sassinak said...

damm dude not the word verification thingy!

that was some excellent objectionable things... i fully agree with all of them :)

Anonymous said...

i'd just like to say that I HATE #4's!!!!!!!!!!!!

"we lived with the dinosaurs......the earth is only 10000 years old."

GMAFB

Steppin' On Toes said...

My cousin's roof flew off during that typhoon I believe.

DZER said...

sass: I didn't wanna do it ... but the first three comments to this post were "I have an excellent natural penis enlargement blog" and the like ... urg.

allison: I hate fanatics with a fanatacism that would ... umm ... wait a minute ...

stepper: I hated that typhoon .... except for the fact that we lived across the Church in Yona ... and my mom talked me into going to Midnight Mass (not a big churchgoer) and the archibishop gave everyone who attended Midnight Mass general absolution for ALL sins (sweet! clean slate!) ... and as we walked across the street to our house, the power came back on for the village.

Steppin' On Toes said...

Wow. Maybe you should go to church more often. I always thought midnight mass was only during Xmas.

DZER said...

stepper: Midnight mass WAS on Christmas Eve. We were lucky that year; only 8 days to restore power.

derrik: yer an ape; a primate — live with it.

sassinak said...

ONLY eight days.

wow.