Thursday, September 01, 2005

Posting a very strange and funny song

OK, so while I was watching my The Muppet Show: Season One collection, this hilarious song that I'd totally forgotten about was performed. It was written and originally sung by the comic legend Ray Stevens. Enjoy.

I’m My Own Grandpa

Many, many years ago when I was twenty-three
I was married to a widow who was pretty as could be
This widow had a grown-up daughter who had hair of red
My father fell in love with her and soon they too were wed

This made my dad my son-in-law and really changed my life,
now my daughter was my mother, cause she was my father's wife.
to complicate the matter, even though it brought me joy,
I soon became the father of a bouncing baby boy.

My little baby then became a brother-in-law to Dad,
and so became my uncle, though it made me very sad.
for if he was my uncle, then that also made him brother
of the widow's grown-up daughter, who, of course, was my stepmother.

Oh, I'm my own grandpa.
I'm my own grandpa.
it sounds funny I know but it really is so,
oh, I'm my own grandpa


Father's wife then had a son who kept him on the run,
and he became my grandchild, for he was my daughter's son.
my wife is now my mother's mother, and it makes me blue,
because, although she is my wife, she's my grandmother, too.

Now if my wife is my grandmother, then I'm her grandchild,
and every time I think of it, it nearly drives me wild,
cause now I have become the strangest case you ever saw
as husband of my grandmother, I am my own grandpa!

Oh, I'm my own grandpa.
I'm my own grandpa.
it sounds funny I know but it really is so,
oh, I'm my own grandpa

I'm my own grandpa
I'm my own grandpa...
it sounds funny I know
but it really is so
oh, I'm my own grandpa

Random Guam Fact Of The Day:
• The traditional Chamorro greeting is "Hafa adai!" It loosely means the same thing as "Aloha!" It's pronounced "hah-fa uh-day." Mauleg'ka? Ha'a, mauleg!

12 comments:

da buttah said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnammmmmana!!!

dooo doooooo dooo dooo dooo!

DZER said...

manamana!

LOVE that song!

Anonymous said...

i gotta visit guam.......i want to see the creatures of the marianas trench!

sassinak said...

luke: one word: EW

dzer that song is hilarious and proof that the muppet show was never only for children

Anonymous said...

Omg, what is this crap? LOL WORD verification Duane??

Luke... LOL banjos?

Anonymous said...

at least the font is easy to read... i hate the grey pebble look and the crappy shakey font... messes me up!

DZER said...

I HAD too, boob baby ... I was getting too many of those "cool blog! check out my blog on all-natural penis enhancement" comments ... bastards.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it wasa hint?? Geez.. all you had to do was SAY so and i would have stopped!!

LMAO

DZER said...

yer just soooo wrong!

Anonymous said...

Bob is happy? and so is his wife?? Even the neighbors enjoy Bobs bigger n better penis! How can you NOT want to be like Bob?

DZER said...

I wouldn't mind if you did your kneel and bob ... *W*

sassinak said...

i read this to my neighbour and he tells me that his gramma sang him this song and that her mother sang it to her... so it's actually an old folk song!