Sunday, October 02, 2005

ick. ugh. bleah.

I hate being sick. It totally sucks. And it always seems as if it hits me on the weekend. Why can't I be sick during the week when I have to be at work anyway?

Nothing like a couple of days of vomiting up anything and everything I ate, no matter how plain it was. I just love feeling super chilly at one moment, and then all hot and sweaty the next. And who doesn't enjoy it when their entire head feels like it's expanded inside the skull, just waiting to explode.

On top of that, I'm achey. Tweaked my lower back slightly earlier this week, and despite a lot of icing and a visit to the chiro for an adjustment, it's still too stiff and sore. That meant that I couldn't play golf this afternoon. Being sick wouldn't have been so bad if I could have knocked around a golf ball for 18 holes. The fresh air would have done me good, I'm sure.

Instead I spent most of the day lounging in bed, passing in and out of consciousness, taking a variety of cold medicines and headache pills, alternately pulling the covers over me (when chilly) and throwing them off (when hot and sweaty).

Normally, that wouldn't be a bad way to spend a Sunday. But I'm sick. And since I'm a man, that also means I'm whiney and cranky right now. And I have no woman or mom to take care of me, so it sucks even more ... even though I know that if I did have woman here, the odds of her actually pampering me and taking care of me are very low.

Random Guam Fact Of The Day:
• The Chamorro word for sick is "malangu."

8 comments:

DZER said...

what? no soup?

and wouldn't ya check me for a fever? tuck me in?

all I get is juice?

DZER said...

you are my sweet angel of mercy, a regular florence nightengale ..

... hmmm ... would you do them things in a shortie-short nurse's outfit? *wrigglin' eyebrows atcha*

DZER said...

would I do something like that?

*peeps*

Everything Nice said...

Shit doz
*scrambling for nurse nancy outfit*

I'll be over in just a minute... is it alright if I take your temperature anally?

DZER said...

that depends ... can you take my temperature with your tongue, nurse rimjob? ;)

Everything Nice said...

sure, if it's clean.. uh, I guess

Everything Nice said...

you're kinky as hell doz.

I'll play you poker anytime... golf even. But let's not get started with that now shall we?

DZER said...

I'd love to poke ... play poker with you ... and golf too

as long as you don't mind that when it comes to poker I like to go all in quite often ...

... and as for golf ... you might have to give me a few strokes per nine ...