Thursday, November 24, 2005

back in black ...

This blog started out, way back when, so many months ago (July — has it been that long?) ... and now it's black again.

It's black to fit my mood. I'm feeling a bit morose and bereft. I'm feeling black.

My blogosphere has been changed. Nothing I can do about. No way to change it. I accept it.

But it has affected me a little. I'm in somewhat of a state of mourning. That means black.

Now don't get freaked out. No one has died. But some things are gone and it doesn't look like they're coming back.

I don't want to go into any real detail, out of courtesy and respect, so please don't ask for further explanations or explications. Please just accept, OK?

The buttons are gone and I don't think they're likely to return. They're not destroyed; they're just gone. If you would like the button I made of you, if I made one of you, to put up on your blog or just to have, let me know via e-mail and I'll send it along to you.

I'm not feeling up to posting anything of depth or substance or even any empty filler.

There is a fresh piece of erotica on DZEROTICA that I just posted yesterday, if you haven't noticed already. If you haven't been by DZER's Guam Pics in the last week or so, there are some relatively new pics there. I have some more in my camera that need to be edited; might get around to that a little later.

Random Guam Fact Of The Day:
• When a Chamorro Catholic on Guam dies, we hold nine days of the Holy Rosary before his or her burial, and a nine days of the rosary after. Old-school, traditionalistic Chamorros hold public rosaries the first nine days, one at lunchtime, the other in the early evening. The night before the funeral is an all-night wake. Sometimes, more and more these days, there is just one rosary said daily. The nine days of nobena following the burial are for close family only. More on rosaries later.

16 comments:

mikster said...

Hope Thanksgiving was good on ya dude....and what's up?....(If I may ask?)

DZER said...

Mike: take a look at my link list ...

SignGurl said...

My blog world has been shattered. I don't know what happened, only that some of the best bloggers are gone.

Please email (jennhen@aol.com) me the button. I was so honored that you thought of me and you are quite the artist. Thank you for all your hard work. It's greatly appreciated. :)

mikster said...

I saw that....and know that hers is outta commission....just don't know the 'scoop'.

mikster said...

E mail me, perhaps?

DZER said...

jenn: it's on the way, darlin' ...

mike: i'm as clueless as you at this point; sorry man ...

sassinak said...

what does signgurl mean that some of the best bloggers are gone?

that implies MORE than one!

i wonder why minx left

Joaquin Mattison said...

Happy Thanksgivin' Dzer (if you celebrate it in Guam)! If ya like sweet potatoe casserole, I got a good recipe on my blog.

Dan said...

I'm very disturbed by this sudden trend of bloggers dropping their blogs or removing pictures etc...

It's making me paranoid.

It's unfortunate that we must suffer because of the comments of strangers. Emma's blog will never be the same and Chrissie's will be missed. It wasn't really about the pictures for me (although DAMN they were nice!) but I enjoyed talking to them and hearing what they had to say.

Dzer, you and I never really spoke/commented to each other directly but I'll try and change that. We have a lot in common..

Dan said...

Did someone say Grope Hug?

Sweet....I'm only groping the female flesh though!

Anonymous said...

I'm feelin ya D.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are sad, D.

Deb said...

Hmm, I came here, read this post...then went to Emma's site, and I'm confused... Why did someone leave a nasty comment on Emma's site? And why did Chrissie leave?

If people are so concerned about 'comments'---delete delete delete! It's sad that there are a bunch of @ssholes with nothing better to do than say nasty and negative things.

I hope everyone is "okay"...

Unknown said...

Sorry you are down, guy. It's sad how often ugliness and stupidity win out over sensitivity and creativity. I guess that's why it's up to us to keep reminding folks that those things still matter.

BigBill said...

Hey what's up? Can we have an explination of what happened and why people are dropping off the blogs!!! Please help me!!

sassinak said...

see i think em is right to take down her face pics which is why that doesn't make me sad.

the REASON does but the action is correct...