Saturday, November 05, 2005

what a total steal ...

So after work on Friday I head to Cost-U-Less, one of those warehouse shopping kinda stores but without membership prices, to get some groceries for the weekend. I only intended to get some Pepsi, chicken breasts and salad fixings.

While there, I noticed that the store had set up a returned-products section. You know, stuff people bought and then brought back to the store, usually with complaints about something not working. Anyway, they have this Canon MP130 — it's a printer, scanner and copier. It originally sold in the store for about $159 and was in the section with a price tag of $60, with "doesn't print" written in tape on the package.

Well, I've been looking for a scanner, and most of them aren't $60. So I figured what the hell, I'll buy it strictly for the scanning ability. That way I can get all my old pics in a digital version.

Well, guess what? The scanning works great ... and so does the printing. I don't know what kind of idiot bought it and couldn't get it to work. Maybe they had a PC and something with the software didn't work ... I dunno, but I thank him or her, because now I have a kick-ass office machine on my desk that only cost me $60! LOL

Also, because grainne initially thought the previous computer pics I put up from my office were my home pics (btw, darlin' ... of COURSE it was a ViewSonic LOL), I now include a pic of my eMac at home. It's a nice little machine, though I'm hoping to be rich enough soon enough for my own G5, with cinematic flat-panel monitor ... and a PowerBook for portability. That's probably a long way off, so I'll enjoy my eMac in the meantime.

Don't try to read the Post-It on the computer either; it's been blurred with Photoshop to prevent that. LOL ... if anyone CAN identify the words on it, I'll send you $10 in Guam money! Also note the details of my cell phone (so 2002), watch ($29.95) and pager (buzz me baby). Oh, and that bundle of stuff on the left of the computer, attached to the computer desk's hutch? It's a bunch of bulldog clips of various sizes. Sometimes I like to take the clips and ... well ... that's another blog ... and probably for DZEROTICA to boot ... ;)

8 comments:

DZER said...

boy you are ... right ... LOL

SignGurl said...

I think the post it says,

Write more Dzerotica (pertaining to bulldog clips)
Visit stip club
Make more Manwich

Am I right? Do I get the prize?

Deb said...

Dzer! I got Gigi's number from that post!


Where's my $10 bucks????????????

DZER said...

chrissie: I love it when you call me a tool! LOL

no puppy, sorry.

signgurl: LMAO!! good guesses ... but wrong!!

deb: are you questioning the phone honor of gigi? LOL ... and, just as a by the way ... I actually have a "little black book" with phone sex numbers ... though I haven't used it in like forever! I'm so phone deprived these days it's not even funny. I need to rebuild my list of will phone ho's!!

and I'm mailing you 10 Guam dollars as we speak!! though we're not really speaking. we're exchanging type-written comments ... not even that ... but keyboard-entered comments ... hmmm ... did I have a point here somewhere?

Deb said...

Can you mail me your phone bonin' numbers?

DZER said...

No!! .... No soup for you!

sassinak said...

you know...
um
yeah
bulldog clips are awesome

as are clothes pins

DZER said...

sass: a fellow connossieur? LOL

gigi: we're not talkin' smack ... we just wanna smack yer ass .. ;)