Why my post for today was late (hmm ... anyone see a pattern developing here? LOL)
• Woke up early (for me) and played NWN with My Favorite Person for an hour, then headed into work.
• Worked for two hours, came home for lunch and played NWN with My Favorite Person for an hour, then headed into work.
• Worked for six hours, then headed for an "emergency" poker game. Won about $150 over the course of the better part of five hours.
• Stopped to get Mickey D's on the way home — Burger King closes too early. Got a DQPC, no pickle. Drove home (to phone and ICQ messages from My Favorite Person, basically asking where the hell was I and why wasn't I at home to play NWN LOL). Ate DQPC, started typing here.
Wow. Take a break right here; that's a stunning amount of complex information for you to have to decipher and absorb. *insert eyeroll here*
AND NOW FOR SOME THINGS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT
Just some other things I just wanted to "say:"
• Every poker player loves a bad poker player, especially those who don't know when to quit and keep trying "harder" (by betting more, and doing so more recklessly) to "get their money back." Every poker player loves a poker player who goes on tilt after a bad beat. Because it means more money for us.
• During particularly stressful periods at work, or after a fabulous, filling meal, I wish I was still smoking. *sigh* I suspect this will be true for the rest of my life.
• I'm too lazy to illuminate my post today with graphic images. Sorry.
• I seriously need to apply some poker winnings to getting some new clothes. Most of my work shirts and pants are too loose. Yes, even though I don't have an exact figure for weight lost since I quit smoking — I'd have to go down to the marlin scale at the Fisherman's Co-Op to get an accurate reading, I think ... LOL — it's a pretty decent amount. The first thing most people I haven't seen in a while notice right away that I'm less fat (I won't go with "more skinny" — that would be too facetious and ridiculous LOL).
I've had to add three holes to my belt and am close to needing to add one more. I'm down at least two pants sizes and two shirt sizes — I was at the point where I wore mostly 6XL shirts and even had to get some in 7XL. A 4XL T-shirt would be very tight. Now, I'm about a 4XL in dress shirts (a little snug, but they fit!) The T-shirt that My Favorite Person sent me is 3XL and it's actually a little big on me. All my pants are baggy.
This all comes from simply eating healthier — not healthy, just less bad. I eat 10 times more salads than I used to eat. I eat more fresh fruit and even canned fruit. When I'm craving a snack, instead of chocolate or doughnuts and stuff, I usually go with nuts or fruit. I still indulge in good food, and often in bad food, but by simply making an effort to not do so all the time, I'm losing weight. I really need to find an exercise regimen that "fits" me — who knows what could happen then?
• I hate it when I buy groceries — especially meat — thinking I'll be cooking at home over the next several days, and then end up having to work in the evening or go out for a couple of poker games and I end up having to throw it out because it turns color and looks a bit dicey.
• I need to get off my ass and finally hold my "yard" sale. I got off to a good start — identifying things to get rid of, cleaning it up, putting it aside in a box. But somehow I never get around to finishing this project up. It's because I'm a lazy procrastinator, for the most part; it's my nature. At least I acknowledge it. ;)
• There are two relatively new posts up at DZEROTICA. When you get a chance, check them out.
• There are two relatively new photos up at DZER's Guam Pics, including some very nice hibiscus images. When you get a chance, check them out.
Random Guam Fact of the Day:
• There were Japanese stragglers still coming out of the jungles of Guam in the early 1970s — almost 30 years after World War II was over. They held to the Japanese code of no surrender, and some thought the war still was going on. This happened all across the Pacific.