Friday, August 04, 2006

plasma flatscreens are a gal's best friend? ...

From the news wire ...

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Diamonds are no longer a girl's best friend, according to a new U.S. study that found three of four women would prefer a new plasma TV to a diamond necklace.

The survey, commissioned by U.S. cable television's Oxygen Network that is owned and operated by women, found the technology gender gap has virtually closed with the majority of women snapping up new technology and using it easily.

The study found 77 percent of women surveyed would prefer a new plasma television to a diamond solitaire necklace and 56 percent would opt for a new plasma TV over a weekend vacation in Florida.

OK ... are you shitting me here?

Ladies ... would you really prefer a plasma flat screen to diamonds? Does this change the whole engagement equation?

"Darling, take this TV as a sign of my everlasting love for you and be my bride ..."

What is it, chickiepoos? TV or diamond jewelry?


oh ... and don't you hate it when you lay down to watch a little television and pass out for four hours, waking up after 2 a.m. and realizing that although you've just woken up, it's already time to go to sleep?

*yawn*

sorry I missed you this morning, baby ;)

13 comments:

Knight said...

Dz: I don't think it changes anything, other than now they will want BOTH!!! (the ring & the TV)

ArtfulDodger said...

Jeepers, I go away for a few days and the whole blog falls into ruin! Man, that was some heavy stuff down there my friend. (And I am waaaay smarter than you, so we can be friends!) The trick is to stop looking at things in an EFFORT/NON EFFORT way, that is a trap that is far to easy to fall into. Doing the things you should be doing isn't an EFFORT. In point of fact, it should take as much EFFORT not doing them as it does actually doing them. This is the key to a happy life I'm sharing with you right now, people pay a lot for this kind of information, or have to walk to the top of a mountain for it.

And anyway, I am very happy to hear about the plasma tv deal! Single life is looking up already.

Madame X said...

Honestly?
Neither.
Don't shower me with gifts shower me with affection.
Be honest but kind.
Be strong when I'm not.
Accept my help.
Love me.
That's what I want.
Keep your diamonds and tv sets

JMai said...

Diamonds, without question. How do you make The Big Announcement to your family, friends and coworkers? Oooh I got engaged! Come on over, I'll show you my plasma screen!

Uh, no. I'll take a diamond and make it a princess cut, please!

cinnamon girl said...

Neither.
Why would I want a plasma when I have a big-arsed projector screen filling a whole wall?

And I hate diamonds. Nasty, cold things.

Just give me some lovin'.

KJ said...

I'd rather have someone who wants to buy me a gift........they don't really have to.........just the fact that they care enough to actually put thought into it.......

am I rambling?

The Savage said...

Hmmmm a plasma screen ring.... diamond studded of course... hmmmmm

Avatar said...

Fuck diamonds, give me a 50-inch plasma!

WryGirl said...

If by 'diamond' you mean a cock in my ass while he whispers 'slut' in my ear...

...give me the biggest hardest diamond you can find, man-whore!

Jon said...

I would much rather give the TV than a diamond necklace. Maybe that is why I'm divorced. No, that's not it.

Snow White said...

I don't care about TVs or diamonds right now. All I want to know is what happened to the early HNT from Guam?????

terry said...

hey, snow white brings up an excellent point...

wtf, dzer??

and i gotta say... i'd still want an actual ring for an engagement, but for other occasions? yeah, the cool new TV would definitely work for me.

a little aside: one of my friends was just appalled at the engagement ring i got back when i was, you know, engaged. because it was a simple little channel ring that had some meaning to me and the ex... and not a ginormous $5000 ring, which she thought i should have.

some women are funny about their bling.

Grace said...

I'm not big on jewelry of any kind, but I think I'll require some decent bling on my engagement ring. I definitely don't need any plasma tv's though. Although a car would be nice.