Friday, August 26, 2005

Well, when I was your age ....

Some of the best things I can remember when I was a kid:

• Drinking gallons of cool water right out of the hose after an afternoon of playing baseball, football, or some other game.

• The ice cream truck on a blazing summer afternoon.

• Christmas morning.

• Saturday morning cartoons.

• The last day of school.

• The first time my relatives let me help slaughter a pig for a family fiesta.

• Buying a comic book with the quarter you found in the playground.

• Jumping off swings for distance.

• Birthday cake and ice cream.

• Dressing up for Halloween.

• Pretending that the living room carpet/floor was lava and having to jump from chair to couch to table.

• Kool-Aid.

• Playing with the family dog.

• Being allowed to go to the movies without parents for the first time.

• Camping out and going fishing with my dad and brother at the crack of dawn.

• My dad drawing cartoons for us.

I'm sure you guys all have your favorite/fond remembrances.

Random Guam Fact Of The Day:
• In 1950, President Harry Truman signed the Organic Act of Guam into law, finally granting U.S. citizenship to Guamanians. However, those rights aren't guaranteed under the Constitution, only under an act of Congress, and thus can be changed at any time Congress feels like it. Guamanians aren't allowed to cast a vote for president, have no representation in the Electoral College, and don't have a voting member in Congress.

9 comments:

Steppin' On Toes said...

Fuck. Hold up. I've been voting...so I'm not allowed to vote. My vote doesn't count!!!!!!!!! No wonder I never get my candidate.

DZER said...

Well, if you're registered to vote stateside, you can vote. Those voting on Guam only participate in a straw poll, because our vote for president don't mean squat.

Steppin' On Toes said...

Ok ok......dude you scared me there for a sec!

DZER said...

is it the hormones that give you the feelings of paranoia? ;)

Steppin' On Toes said...

Now, now be nice.....

sassinak said...

dude i want to make my own list of when i was your age stuff.

DZER said...

dude ... go for it!

sassinak said...

coo!

DZER said...

hmm ... ya think that counts as a "tag?" LOL