Sunday, October 09, 2005

fun sunday ...

Today, I had brunch with a bunch of friends to celebrate my friend R's birthday. It was a belated celebration, and we usually do a fancy dinner thing, but she was off-island on her actual birthday and brunch just sounded right this year. Plus, it meant that kids could come along.

We went to the island's top resort, which has a killer brunch deal. For $28, you get all you can eat — tons of entrees, a huge Japanese station with tempura, sushi, sashimi and hot noodles, a roast pig carving station, an omelette station, and a teppanyaki station, not to mention deserts, breads, fresh fruit and free wine (both red and white), champagne, beer, punch and coffee. The price includes tax and tip, and you also get a free game of bowling on their lanes, located right across the restaurant.

The food, by the way, is great. Seafood lovers are very happy here, with lots of fresh shellfish and fish.

Nothing like taking a good two hours plus to lounge over food, enjoy the conversation of friends, go back to the various stations time and time again ... and then go bowling.

Here's me with my godsons, on the left and middle, and their cousin on the right. I love these kids and always have fun around them, though my legs pay for countless rounds of "horsie" and my arms and shoulders burn from the "pick me up" game. It doesn't help that the big godson — the one on the left — still thinks he weighs like 80 pounds less than he actually does. I need to start working out to keep up with him.
Here I am in all my bowling glory! Actually, I pretty much suck now — averaging about 120. I was a lot better when I was a kid, when I averaged like 170 or so, and in my teens I was usually up in the 180s. Gave up bowling for a long time, but it's fun to do it now and again. I just hate that I can remember being good but that I'm not good anymore. LOL.
OK, these are way too cute for a man to be wearing, I know, but when I saw them at the store counter yesterday, I couldn't resist, especially since my left ear has two piercings perfectly placed to make it look like some tiny being took off his slippers before crawling in my ear LOL

13 comments:

sassinak said...

oh dude I LOVE the little slippers... those are freaking awesome. if postage wasn't so much i'd ask you to mail me some!

also... teppanyaki AND sashimi and and *wipes drool off face*

god i love a good brunch :)

DZER said...

sass: If you e-mail me yer mailing address ... slippers will be on the way. It shouldn't be too much because they're light ... can fit in a standard envelope ... but I know it takes a while to get mail to canada from here ... so they could be your islander Christmas present from Guam's own Jingle George

DZER said...

And the brunch there is SOOOO amazing ... for teppan there's all kinds of seafood, from shrimp to salmon to mussles to octopus, I think ... plus steak or chicken

several grades of sashimi too, from 2 different kinds of tuna and another sashimi fish

don't forget the sushi and the awesome tempura shrimp, vegetables, fish and more!

fuck ... I'm hungry again LOL

sassinak said...

oh fuck watch me drool
drool some more
and breakfast isn't for THREE more hours!

but it's with okcupidguy so it should be fun anyway

for serious you'll mail me some? that would rock. let me know if there's ever anything canadian you want.

DZER said...

yes, for serious! do you think I would pull a psyche!? LOL

3 hours till breakfast? that's lunch then ... have something light to put a curb on the appetite ... then find a brunch with killer seafood ;)

sassinak said...

nah i don't like to eat before i teach... i should but i don't :)

some people like to pull a psyche but you really don't seem like the type

have a friend who said 'sike' and it took me five minutes to figure out what he meant

DZER said...

LOL ... I can be a psyche sayer, but only in a goof ... ;)

sassinak said...

no like that's how he SPELLED it in text!

DZER said...

sass: gotcha

chrissie: thanks. and yeah, it was a fun time :)

DZER said...

it's all about having a keen understanding of the balls ... and how to work with them ...

... seems to be the topic du jour ;)

oh ... and welcome to DZERLAND ... *hands you a complimentary box of cookies*

DZER said...

I'm a cookie for a good whore! what a match!

and they are chocolate chip. good enough?

Lindsey said...

It sounds like you guys had so much fun. I can't bowl for crap. I have to have the bumper lanes inflated.

DZER said...

linny: this place has that feature, which makes it a great place for all the godsons and nephews and cousins and what not.

everyone, from youngest kid to middle-aged-est adult, had a blast. Of course, we guys all got a bit competitive, but all in good fun.

Welcome to DZERLAND, by the way ... *passes you a fresh batch of cookies.*