Monday, March 13, 2006

A Monday unlike most, thankfully ...

I usually don't have two full days off in a row — the great majority of the time, I have to put in at least a few hours of time to get my section ready for the weekend. Even when there's a holiday on Monday, unless I'm totally ahead of the game, I end up working a little bit, even if it's just an hour or so.

That's why yesterday was nice — a Monday off, right after my Sunday off. It was good not having to work, or to go into work, or to think about work.

I did find out that there's pretty much nothing at all on television during the day, especially in the afternoon. How do the desparate housewives do it?

It was very relaxing. I only left my apartment once ... and that was to get some lunch. I even took a nap from 6 to 8 p.m. .... nothing like an early evening nap to set the tone for the rest of the evening. LOL

And guess what ... one more full day off tomorrow! Yeehaw!! I can barely contain my ... phlegmatism. Heh.

So relaxed on vacation my dimples made an appearance!

Moving update
I'm not ... at least not yet. My landlord called me and said his sister isn't going to be doing anything with the place until the summer. So I don't have to move until June or July.

It's a good thing he called when he did, because I was set to sign a lease this week. Whew!

But here's the thing. I'm going to continue my (minimal but steady) efforts to go through my shit and box up the stuff I don't need with any degree of regularity. I'm also going to organize the stuff I no longer want with an aim at having a "yard" sale later this month. This will help me further purge myself of worldly goods whilst also translating into cash for me.

And, speaking of cash, I've also taken the money I was going to use for the deposit on the new place and opened a savings account. Which also has a regular deposit from my direct-deposited paychecks. Yes, I actually have a savings plan now. So very grown up of me, huh? Heh. And, within several months I'll have enough socked away to pay for a REAL move! Again, may I say: Heh.

ADDENDUM:
For those of you who haven't yet been, go check out CHRISSIE'S NEW LOOK! She did a great job and the site looks fabulous. Of course, it HAD to ... to compete with mine. LOL

Random Guam Fact Of The Day:
• The RGFOTD is, like me, on vacation. Heh.

13 comments:

Madame X said...

Excellent!
The DZER strip club savings plan!!!!

DZER said...

more like the DZER relocates stateside plan ... heh ;)

DZER said...

chrissie: you know I want you .... and to have you check out those apartments for me too ... don't forget to ask about the dog policy!

and I survived not getting d2 time with you ... somehow! LOL

and damn ... now I'm going to be thinking about you pulling your sweater off all day :P

Natalia said...

Yaay for the extra time to move and woohoo for the days off. Duuude that totally rocks. I need a holiday right about now. I want to take a full week of nothing to do. Although realistically I will want something to do on about the third day. But damn I could use a break.

-N

DZER said...

nat: thanks ... and I hear ya ... I'm thinking of taking more vacation days ... just extend my weekend once a month or so ... it's been really nice LOL

Shay said...

OO Dzer, saving plans are so sexy ^_~ I'm so proud of you! hehe

Can I come to your yard sale? I can help!

DZER said...

shay: saving is sexy? damn ... I'm going to start hoarding stuff! heh

and sure you can help ... can you wear something skimpy to drive sales? heh

Suze said...

Dzer, I hope your not selling my HNT hat at the yard sale. LOL. Make sure the money stays in the savings plan and not in the poker pot. He, he. :)

terry said...

what is this "savings plan" concept of which you speak?

i have no idea what that is.

which tells you a lot about me.

SignGurl said...

I'm jealous of your days off. I could use a few.

DZER said...

suze: your hat is late, but it's on the way and hopefully should be there within days :) ... and I'm staying away from poker .. so far LOL

terry: LOL ... I sooooo know what you mean ;)

signgurl: that's the problem with a family business ... extra days off and vacations are rare.

grainne: hey ... ya noticed I wasn't topless! LOL

and unlike you, I don't have three estates worth of stuff ... just a bit of crap here; easier to pack LOL

Snow White said...

If spring break weren't 4 days away, I'd be jealous of your time off. But since it looms so near I'll just yawn and count the days. Hope your Tuesday was a good. xoxox

Shay said...

Something Skimpy?
As long as the weather is nice, that is not a problem! ^_^

I've been in sweaters for soooo long now *sniff*