I think my godson took this picture of me after I'd had a few alcoholic beverages ... why else would I have such a beatific smile upon my mug considering all the sickness and pain I've been dealing with since Friday? LOL ... the little guy is good at taking pictures ... he lined up all his plastic guns, one at a time, and took photos of that ... LOL
Update on the tidings of woe and despair:
• The flu/sinus infection thing isn't as bad as it was over the weekend ... but my head's still cloudy.
• I am experiencing a very bad case of 'roid rage. Don't inquire further. Please. I beg of you.
• I tweaked my neck after just 15 minutes at work, and it's been achey and hurting in that dull ache kind of way — until I turn or lift my head, then it becomes short, stabbing, shooting pains.
• I paid off last year's taxes, including $130 in penalties and interests. Ugh. But I did manage to file the extension for THIS year. Whew!!
• I still owe taxes for this year and gotta pay 'em sometime. Bleah.
• Wrote checks for rent, power and water. The bank account is feeling a bit light, and will until NEXT Friday. No poker, no paid-for golf, no extraneous expenses — like the $5 coffees — this week.
• My No. 2's last day before vacation was today. Next two weeks = hell on Earth.
SLIVERS OF SUNSHINE
• Got to go home early today because I wasn't feeling well. Small thing, but nice.
• Both my bosses are back, which is actually refreshing.
• I bought those Country Crock side dishes and tried out the garlic mashed potatoes for dinner tonight — it rocked!! I can't wait to try out the mac and cheese.
• My Favorite Person has ordered me an online game, Neverwinter Nights, the second such game she's bestowed upon me. The last one resurrected my gaming addiction, and this one is sure to add to it a bit. But in a good way. Heh.
• I just finished watching "The Wedding Singer." Fun movie. :)
Bleah. Back to reality.
Random Guam Fact Of The Day:
• Two major Guam rock formations are named after animals — Bear Rock, in Inarajan, and Camel Rock, which sits offshore in Asan.