Friday, July 14, 2006

lovely thursday

• Go to bed around 2:30 a.m.

• Didn't fall asleep until about 3:30 a.m.

• Woke up at 7 a.m.

• At the dentist's office by 8 a.m.

• 8:30 a.m., dentist tells me the cavity has reached the nerve. My options are root canal or extracation. Not good news, considering that my dental insurance is maxed and won't renew till Jan. 1.

• I ask the dentist if there's anything that can be done to hold me for a bit, at least until I can save some cash for one of the procedures, and extraction will be a bitch because it's my last molar on the lower right. He says he think he can, especially once the x-ray shows the nerve isn't abscessed. So he cleans it out, does it with medicine, then seals it up. Hopefully, it will last till January, he said.

• Some pain once the novacaine wears off, but nothing too bad; more achey and irritating than hurting. Still, wish he would have prescribed me some kind of painkiller. Stupid Aleve.

• Home for about an hour, played poker online.

• Missing My Favorite Person, who's even further away from me than normal, as I only have time for a one sentence conversation with her. Bleah.

• Off to work.

• Home for late lunch around 1:30 p.m., played poker online.

• Back to the office for work.

• After work, off to Kmart and a few other places to get stuff for Steve's b-day. It's a golf theme (duh). Got some of it; need to buy a few more little golf things to complete it (it includes a round of golf on me).

• Home again, home again, sans jiggity jig. A little TV, a bland dinner, some more poker online. Built my chip stack to over $6,000 ... too bad it's not real money.

• Balance checkbook.

• Still missing My Favorite Person. Yes folks, I'm a complete sap.

• Still awake and blogging after midnight.

• Take some more Aleve.

• Just realized I'm out of milk, which means I have to save the rest of the chocolate chip cookies for another day.

• Considering sleeping soon, but will probably play a little more poker online, and flip through some more blogs.

• Realizing how boring and tedious this post is, especially in the wake of the Dread Pirate DZER post below.

• Fucking bleah™.

5 comments:

Jon said...

We'll just blame it all on the Aleve

ArtfulDodger said...

I kept reading hoping it would get better...

Anyway, hope your tooth holds out for you!

SignGurl said...

The pirate pic is swashbuckling (whateverthat means,lol).

Hope the tooth feels better soon.

Hoochie Mama said...

OMG! I didn't think that post was ever going to end... J/K! Hehe!

Hope your tooth is feeling better!

terry said...

aww, you're not a sap. you're sweet.

and make an excellent pirate.

dental insurance sucks, btw. no one has decent coverage.