This particular music meme has made its way around the blogs I regularly visit of late, most recently over at the very sexual, very toit Everything Nice's little slice of heaven. And since I'm bored and not tired thanks to the ton of sleep I've had in the previous 24 hours, I thought I'd give it a whirl.
I did have a hard time finding 50 different artists; I'm surprised that I didn't cite Zeppelin, the Eagles, or the Doors more often. Heh.
Lemme know whatcha think. :)
1. Led Zeppelin taught me that it’s been a long time, been a long time, been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time.
2. Run-DMC taught me that it’s tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that’s right on time, it’s tricky, tricky, tricky. I also learned that money is the key to end all your woes: your ups, your downs, your highs and your lows.
3. The Eagles taught me that It may be rainin’, but there's a rainbow above me. And that I’d better let somebody love me (let somebody love me); I’d better let somebody love me before it’s too late. They also taught me that I wanna sleep with you in the desert tonight, with a billion stars all around.
4. Bonnie Tyler taught me that once upon a time I was fallin’ in love, now I’m only fallin’ apart.
5. Bill Vera and the Beaters taught me that I’d fall down on my knees, kiss the ground that you walk on baby, if I could just hold you again.
6. The Doors taught me that she holds her head so high, like a statue in the sky; her arms are wicked, and her legs are long; when she moves my brain screams out this song.
7. Kansas taught me that all we are is dust in the wind.
8. Shania Twain taught me that love gets me every time.
9. Englebert Humperdink taught me that the love on your face is so real that it makes me wanna cry.
10. The Righteous Brothers taught me that you're trying hard not to show it, baby, but baby, baby I know it ... You've lost that lovin' feeling.
11. Anne Murray taught me that nobody loves me like you do.
12. Billy Joel taught me that she’s got a way about her … I don't know what it is, but I know that I can't live without her.
13. Cheap Trick taught me that wherever you go I'll be with you; whatever you want I'll give it to you; whenever you need someone, to lay your heart and head upon; Rremember after the fire, after all the rain, I will be the flame.
14. Creedence Clearwater Revival taught me that I feel the bad moon risin’.
15. Prince taught me that we could fuck until the dawn; makin' love 'til cherry's gone.
16. Doug E. Fresh and Slick Rick taught me that if you ever see a show when fellow on the mic with one million rhymes that don't come out right; they bite, they're never right, that's not polite. Am I lying? No, I’m quite right.
17. Whodini taught me that five minutes of funk, that ain’t no junk, so pull your bottom off the tree stump. Also, that the freaks come out at night.
18. Cecilio and Kapono taught me that all in love is fair.
19. Elvis taught me that I’m caught in a trap, I can’t get out.
20. Ritchie Valens taught that soy capitan, soy capitan.
21. Willie Nelson taught me that I just can’t wait to get on the road again.
22. Ray Charles taught me I'm under your spell like a man in a trance,
but I know darn well, that I don't stand a chance s unchain my heart, let me go my way.
23. Freddy Fender taught me that si te quire de verdad, yte da felicidad, te deseo lo mas bueno pa'los dos. Pero si te hace llorar, amime puedes hablar. Y estare contigo cuando triste estas.
24. Otis Redding taught me to try a little tenderness; that’s all I have to do.
25. The Wallflowers taught me that we can drive it home with one headlight.
26. Johnny Cash taught me that I've been everywhere, man, I've been everywhere, man.
27. Jerry Lee Lewis taught me that you shake my nerves and you rattle my brain; too much love drives a man insane.
28. 3 Doors Down taught me that I took a walk around the world to ease my troubled mind. I left my body laying somewhere in the sands of time.
29. Eminem taught me to lose myself in the music, the moment.
30. Smashmouth taught me that I can’t get enough of you baby.
31. Metallica taught me that the memory remains.
32. Sugar Ray taught me that when it's over, that's the time I fall in love again … and when it's over, that's the time you're in my heart again.
33. The B-52s taught me that the love shack is a little ol’ place where we can get together.
34. Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam taught me I’m all alone on a Sunday morning, outside I see the rain is falling … and inside I'm slowly dying but the rain will hide my crying.
35. Morris Day and the Time taught me that I think I wanna know ya (know ya).
36. Meatloaf taught me that I would do anything for love … and that two out of three ain’t bad.
37. America taught me that I've been one poor correspondent, and I been too, too hard to find, but it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind.
38. Billy Ocean taught me there'll be sad songs to make you cry — love songs often do. They can touch the heart of someone new … saying I love you … I love you.
39. Jimmy Buffet taught me that I really do, appreciate, the fact you're sittin here; your voice sounds so wonderful, but your face don't look so clear.
40. Clarence Carter taught me to stroke it to the east, stroke it to the west, stroke it to the woman that I love the best. So, I be strokin’!
41. Jewel taught me that dreams last so long, even after you're gone. I know, that you love me and soon you will see … you were meant for me, and I was meant for you.
42. B.B. King and U2 taught me that when loves come to down, I’m gonna jump that train; when love comes to town, I’m gonna catch that flame. Maybe I was wrong to ever let you down, but I did what I did before love came to town.
43. Foreigner taught me that I wanna know what love is … and I want you to show me.
44. Joan Jett taught me that I hate myself for lovin’ you.
45. Kim Carnes taught me that she'll tease you, she'll unease you, aII the better just to please you.
46. Paul Young taught me that every time you go away, you take a piece of me with you.
47. Bette Midler taught me that it's the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance, and it's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance.
48. Dead or Alive taught me that you spin me right round, baby, right round like a record, baby, right round round round.
49. Bon Jovi taught me that It's all the same, only the names will change; everyday it seems we're wasting away.
50. Gin Blossoms taught me that you can trust me not to think and not to sleep around; if you don't expect too much from me, you might not be let down.