Saturday, July 22, 2006

notes and from dzerland ...

• The price of regular, unleaded, self-service gas went up on Guam again during the middle of the week by 6 cents. The current price -- $3.38 a gallon. It had cost me $40 to fill up from bone dry when it was at $3.32. Fucking bleah™.

• Golf with the godsons and their dad, S, in about ... 7-1/2 hours. Good news: Golf with godsons and S. Bad news: Having to wake up in about 6-1/2 hours. C'est la vie.

• Mega Big Macs, with no lettuce and no pickles. De-fucking-licious. They use quarter-pounder patties instead of normal patties, so it's much meatier. Get rid of miscellaneous vegetation to focus on meat-cheese-bread-sauce combo. Fuck me but I think there's crack in the secret sauce.

• Crazy three weeks coming up, thanks to some annual planning stuff. Don't worry though; I still will find time to play poker, both online and off.

• Thank you, lord, for hot chicks who wear clothing that shows off their hot bodies to maximum effectiveness. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• That gourmand's delight of a dinner last week has got me thinking that I deprive myself too much these days when it comes to fine dining. I've settled for home cooking, fast food and medium-level restaurants, at best, and even then usually only for lunch. No more. I hereby declare that I will indulge myself at LEAST once a month with top-notch food. I have a $75 gift certificate for Roy's Restaurant, a very nice place here. I'm thinking of a pre-dinner beer, crabcakes for appetizer, filet mignon for main course with a glass of nice wine, and their famous chocolate souffle, which features a volcano of molten fine European chocolate inside the lovely cakey outer layer. Heh.

• My old cordless phone died out on me last week. Well, it wasn't totally dead, but its battery would only hold a charge for about 15 minutes. Replaced it with a much better phone, a 5.8 giga-Hertz number that is much clear and otherwise superior. Now ... if only people would call ... LOL

• While at Kmart buying the phone, I also chanced upon the 30th anniversary edition of Blazing Saddles — "Candygram for Mongo!" digitally remastered and everything. I have Sunday evening set aside for a night of reveling in the brilliance that is Mel Brooks (Have you gone beserk! Can't you see that man is a nig...), Gene Wilder (If you shoot him, you'll just make him mad), Cleavon Little (Excuse me while I whip this out), Madeline Kahn (A wed wose, how womantic), Harvey Korman (You will be risking your lives, whilst I will be risking an almost-certain Academy Award nomination for the Best Supporting Actor) and Slim Pickens (Someone's gotta go back for a shit-load of dimes!). Much laughter and guffaws will be had (Is that a ten-gallon hat, or are you just enjoying the show?), along with some Tabasco-spiced popcorn, Red Vines and Coke. If you haven't watched this movie, I pity you. Seriously. Completely.

Peace.

Out.

8 comments:

Pyrhonik said...

In Alberta we are currently at $4.00/U.S. gallon for regular gasoline. I get growly just thinking about it.

Blazing saddles is one of my favorites...the camptown ladies sing this song

Madame X said...

I get no kick from champagne....

Campfire scene...LEGENDARY!

terry said...

i'm so tired.... tired of being admired...

god, i love madeline kahn. and mel brooks.

enjoy!

TheMissouriSavage said...

Everyone is equal in my eye.

Jon said...

Oh man... I haven't seen Blazzing Saddles in a couple years. I don't own it, but now I think I have to.

snavy said...

I have never seen Blazing Saddles.

It costs me $50 to fill the minivan - yay!

Chrissie said...

lol i watched it about 6 months ago... and then watched it again.. and again... and again. You know how Sam likes her movies.

3.38 ugh

giant big macs?? ugh. Too much bread... I'll stick with my half of the inside of a bacon ultimate cheese burger :)

ell said...

the price of gas? a definite bummer! blazing saddles - a definite classic!

hope you're enjoying your weekend, d!

xoxo