• The price of regular, unleaded, self-service gas went up on Guam again during the middle of the week by 6 cents. The current price -- $3.38 a gallon. It had cost me $40 to fill up from bone dry when it was at $3.32. Fucking bleah™.
• Golf with the godsons and their dad, S, in about ... 7-1/2 hours. Good news: Golf with godsons and S. Bad news: Having to wake up in about 6-1/2 hours. C'est la vie.
• Mega Big Macs, with no lettuce and no pickles. De-fucking-licious. They use quarter-pounder patties instead of normal patties, so it's much meatier. Get rid of miscellaneous vegetation to focus on meat-cheese-bread-sauce combo. Fuck me but I think there's crack in the secret sauce.
• Crazy three weeks coming up, thanks to some annual planning stuff. Don't worry though; I still will find time to play poker, both online and off.
• Thank you, lord, for hot chicks who wear clothing that shows off their hot bodies to maximum effectiveness. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
• That gourmand's delight of a dinner last week has got me thinking that I deprive myself too much these days when it comes to fine dining. I've settled for home cooking, fast food and medium-level restaurants, at best, and even then usually only for lunch. No more. I hereby declare that I will indulge myself at LEAST once a month with top-notch food. I have a $75 gift certificate for Roy's Restaurant, a very nice place here. I'm thinking of a pre-dinner beer, crabcakes for appetizer, filet mignon for main course with a glass of nice wine, and their famous chocolate souffle, which features a volcano of molten fine European chocolate inside the lovely cakey outer layer. Heh.
• My old cordless phone died out on me last week. Well, it wasn't totally dead, but its battery would only hold a charge for about 15 minutes. Replaced it with a much better phone, a 5.8 giga-Hertz number that is much clear and otherwise superior. Now ... if only people would call ... LOL
• While at Kmart buying the phone, I also chanced upon the 30th anniversary edition of Blazing Saddles — "Candygram for Mongo!" digitally remastered and everything. I have Sunday evening set aside for a night of reveling in the brilliance that is Mel Brooks (Have you gone beserk! Can't you see that man is a nig...), Gene Wilder (If you shoot him, you'll just make him mad), Cleavon Little (Excuse me while I whip this out), Madeline Kahn (A wed wose, how womantic), Harvey Korman (You will be risking your lives, whilst I will be risking an almost-certain Academy Award nomination for the Best Supporting Actor) and Slim Pickens (Someone's gotta go back for a shit-load of dimes!). Much laughter and guffaws will be had (Is that a ten-gallon hat, or are you just enjoying the show?), along with some Tabasco-spiced popcorn, Red Vines and Coke. If you haven't watched this movie, I pity you. Seriously. Completely.