Some notable notes from the world of DZERLAND, for you three or four weekend readers.
• This is post No. 500. That's a lot, considering that I haven't been posting as often as I usually do, of late, thanks to online poker.
• A little earlier this month, I went over 40,000 visitors, at least according to my counter. That's almost as high as the number of people Madonna has slept with so far ... but she's in a monogamous relationship (one would imagine) so I have a shot to pass her!
• This month also marked a full year of blogging for me ... well, under this version of the Diatribe. I actually started in April or May, sometime around then, but ended up deleting the entire thing a couple months after that. As one can tell (one that isn't mindless, that is), I started up again a little while later.
And now back to the usual mundanity
Golf with S and the godsons was great, as always. Turns out it was a good thing that the only tee time S could get was 7:15 a.m. -- it started to rain on the 17th hole and we finished up in a light drizzle, which was followed by a day of persistent rainfall.
I played OK tee to green, but wasn't very consistent with my putting, which is why I only ended up with three pars on the day. But only one double and two triples too -- all the rest were bogeys. I ended up shooting 47-45 for a 92. Two birdie putts, one of 50 feet and one of 8 feet, died just short of the hole. Three par putts of less than 5 feet either lipped out or skirted the edge.
For some reason, I can't ever get all aspects of my game working. Last week, tee to green pretty much sucked, but I putted very well to make up for it. This week, it was the other way around.
One day, I'm gonna put it all together for a good part of a round and shoot super-low ... well, for me.
Rest of the Sunday was spent in my usual manner:
• Nap ... had to, thanks to My Favorite Person keeping me up past 3 a.m. ... not that I minded one bit. Any time spent with her is my favorite time. :) ... dozed for about 2 hours in the later afternoon. Wish it could have been longer, but then I'd never get to sleep tonight.
• Online poker. Hell-o? Have you read this blog this week? LOL
• Made myself some fried SPAM sammiches for dinner. I will SO write a detailed SPAM post this week, after seeing the wonderful canned luncheon meat besmirched and belittled on a few other blogs. Yes, that means yours, JMai!! LOL
• Watched "Blazing Saddles," as planned. Now just waiting for final round of British Open to start.