I thought we were screwed because our scores were lower than the last two times, when we broke 30 points out of a possible 42 on both occasions. This time I think we finished with 26, so that tells you how much harder the questions were this time around.
Oh ... and I brought my camera but forgot to replace the batteries, so no pics.
Here are the questions I can provide — don't have the images for the photo round, and will leave out the Guam ones that most people won't know ... hell, most of us from Guam didn't know them.
Oh ... and spelling counts. Get the right answer and spell it wrong, and it's wrong.
Category: High, Low, Long
(One local question here)
1. What place on land has the lowest elevation in the United States?
2. Name 3 of the 5 states in the 2000 Census that had the highest populations.
3. Name 3 of the 5 states in the 2000 Census that had the lowest populations.
4. What North American city has had the longest continual habitation by Europeans?
5. What is the name of the world's longest dog sled race?
Category: Words, Words, Words
1. "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" is a line said by which character of Shakespeare?
2. Name the type of fish caught by the "Old Man and the Sea."
3. What famous American poet was once a West Point cadet?
4. How many syllables in the second line of a haiku?
5. There are two terms that describe the repeated first sound of words. Name one of them; bonus points for both.
6. LASER is the acronym for what?
Category: Music — Classic to Top 40
1. Who composed "The Four Seasons?"
2. The Quarrymen included the nucleus of what well-known rock band?
3. Who sang the theme song to "The Dukes of Hazzard?" He was also the narrator.
4. What artist has the current Top 40 hit "Sexyback?"
5. Who wrote the lyrics for "Westside Story?"
6. According to Paul Simon, how many ways are there to leave your lover?
Category: Horror film
Correctly place the following films into the right decade: 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s.
1. The Others
2. The Exorcist
4. Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Category: Sidekicks, political and otherwise
(There were two local questions here)
1. Andrew Johnson was the vice president of what U.S. president?
2. John Adams was the vice president of what U.S. president?
3. Thomas Marshall was the vice president of what U.S. president?
4. Name one of the two vice presidents that Philippine President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo has had.