Monday, September 26, 2005

serendipity is sultry, sumptuous sunsets ...


I had to pull over to a side road to take a picture of this sunset. I wish I would have had the time to drive out to this spot where you get a great view of the sun setting over the ocean, but I knew I didn't have that kind of time.


*sigh* Ain't it bee-yoo-tiful? took the second just as insurance for the first one. Also, to make you folks who live in areas with crappy sunsets even more jealous. What I need is a digital camera on which I can control the shutter speed. That way I can take the photos a little later, when all the colors are exploding and melding together, but when there's not enough sunlight to capture with this digital.

Had one of those blah days at the office. Things actually went quick, but I had to wait awhile for something to get checked, which led to me leaving the office later than I like for the class at the university I'm helping to teach, which meant speeding like a bat outta hell. I was lucky to find parking.

Then, one of the guest speakers for the class didn't show up, so I had to wing it a bit for that part. Then the next class went kinda smooth.

And then, on the way home, after a quick stop at the store for my healthy salad meal (which was nice, thanks to a vidalia vinaigrette salad dressing), I got the above sunset. The rest of the day just kind of faded away. I was driving toward this beauty for a while, hoping it would hold out until I got to a vantage point where I could better appreciate it — fewer cars, no power poles and power lines — and it was nice and did just that.

Random Guam Fact Of The Day:
• Guam has some top-notch, mind-blowing, awe-inspiring, kick-ass sunsets.

6 comments:

DZER said...

aww .. that's so cute! *pinch*

and they're all yours ;)

DZER said...

thanks murph ... mucho appreciado ...

... and there are people freakier than you?

DZER said...

to quote the J Geils band: ya ain't seen nothing yet ;)

freethoughtguy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Everything Nice said...

I agree with the Guam sunset.

What'ya say we enjoy it over a mojito?

Hella cool sunset Doz... beautiful.

DZER said...

Thanks, darlin' ... and a mojito it is ;)