Monday, October 24, 2005

How much is $40 to you?

I was talking with someone today about the value of money. Namely, $40.

Now if you're flush, $40 isn't all that much cash. If you're dead broke, it could keep you in gas or prevent the phone from being shut off.

Anyway, she's says that she could use $40 to buy some pot (apparently 5-6 joints worth of the good stuff). I'm like: That's funny, I was thinking $40 equals two lap dances.

I guess it's all about your personal priorities and your mindset.

When I was a smoker, that meant almost 2 cartons of the bargain-basement smokes. It means about 10 meals (2 double cheeseburgers for a buck each and a drink) at McDonald's. It's also about enough money for me to fill up the truck and get a six-pack of beer, if I were so inclined.

So, loyal blog readers (all few of you), I put the question to you:

What is $40 to you?

16 comments:

DZER said...

good answers! ooh ... I found slippers for you!! LOL

DZER said...

LMAO ... shhh!!! the boss can't find out that they're slippers!!

DZER said...

if my boss found this I'd prolly be in trouble LOL

sassinak said...

let's see
40 bucks

dinner at a nice restaurant for one or for two at a decent restaurant

a night of pints at the bar

a tank of gas

not enough weed

a week's groceries

any of a number of bills...

kathi said...

one week of lunches for one kid in the school cafeteria

Almost a tank of gas

2 bags of prescription cat food

a weeks worth of chocolate

sassinak said...

oh yeah... a bag of cat food and some litter!

DZER said...

sass: nice assortment of options there ;)

gigi: dang ... one bra is $40?

kathi: are you telling me that you have a $160 a month chocolate habit? LOL

kathi said...

Some might call it a habit (men, maybe). I'd rather call it an indulgence. Yup, that's what I'll call it.

SignGurl said...

It's not even a tank of gas or a night at the bar for me. I like to buy everyone drinks until I'm so drunk that I run out of money. Then friends usually recipricate. Unfortunately, I don't need more alcohol by that time. But I drink it anyway because my mother taught me never to waste good alcohol.

kathi said...

Chrissie ~ I'd much rather indulge in chocolate than underwear. Underwear, now THAT'S a nasty habit!!

DZER said...

kathi: all I know is that's about how much I used to go through in cigarettes. So is that a ton of OK chocolate, or a bit of super-expensive, top quality choco-heaven?

chrissie: choccy grubber!! and yikes ... that's a lot of money for clothing that the vast majority of people will never see. Also why I don't spend any money on undergarments ;)

jenn: sounds like my kinda woman .... the kind who gets drunk on her own money ... do I still have to supply the roofie? ;)

kathi: what about chocolate underwear? LOL

sassinak said...

chrissie: underwear sucks, sexy bras rock

DZER said...

will my hands do? ;)

SignGurl said...

dzer said, "do I still have to supply the roofie?"

I'm still recouperating from this weekend so could you please tell me what this means? :)

I really don't drink all that often (October is a drinking month for me).

I think that I'm starting to sound like an alcoholic.

Everything Nice said...

$40 buys me a fat bag...

or a new attachment for my machine.

DZER said...

nice choices ... )