Thursday, October 27, 2005

indulgent spending ...

This will be a weekend of profligate and almost completely unnecessary spending.

Why? Well, why the hell not? I guess it's that intangible thing inside me, that small iota of whatever it is that women have in vast quantities. You know, the shopping fix. That feeling of temporary and fleeting goodness after the spending of money on goods and services ... but mostly goods.

And you know what? It's already started.

After work I stopped by Blockbuster and bought three previously viewed DVDs for $9.99 each. It was a completely spontaneous purchase. Only went in to check the new releases for rentals (watching "Unleashed" with Jet Li now). The titles I bought:

• "Something's Gotta Give," starring Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton.

• "Two Weeks Notice," starring Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant.

• "American Wedding," starring the American Pie kids. (Rock out with your cock out!)

Then it was off to an outlet store. Two sets of four, nesting boxes ($11.99 each) perfect for stacking like a tree that I plan to use for Christmas wrapping. A book on Tarot that will be part of a gift for a friend who's into that weird shit LOL, $6.99 each. Two packs of three Christmas bags (I told you, I'm Jingle George, dammit! I'm gearing up for Christmas, baby!!) for $2.99 each. Four ceramic plates, $1.49 each, in case I actually ever have anyone over. Four ceramic bowls, 99 cents each, for the same reason. A cool looking grey tie for $11.99.

I would take a picture of the individual items and show them off for you, but I'm really too lazy to do that. So no pics for you! I can tell you're crushed. Tough luck. Life's a bitch and then you die. Get used to disappointment; there's a lot more where that came from!

Fuck.

Obviously, I still need to do a LOT more shopping.

Random Guam Fact Of The Day:
Guam's so far away from everything and everybody that no one ever has, or ever will, come to visit. So I guess I should move or something, huh?

17 comments:

Everything Nice said...

you know D, i haven't seen any of those movies...

Are any of them any good?

We loved the first two American Pies... own em. But wondering if the third is any good?

btw... I own a t-shirt that reads "better than Stiflers mom."

LOL I'll have to wear that sometime for a pic!

DZER said...

naughty one: I can't get enough of the Pie kids ... not a great movie, but a funny one with some good parts. Two Weeks Notice turns into formulaic romantic-comedy; but I'm a sucker for those ... Something's gotta give is pretty amazing. Great flick.

gigi: he's my favorite wrecking ball guy ever!!

Everything Nice said...

Well, is it anything like that one time in band camp?

sassinak said...

you know i love sandra bullock... and i love romantic comedies so yeah... good choice :)

ell said...

nice to know we girls aren't the only ones who can enjoy a good shopping high!

SignGurl said...

American Wedding was shot near Traverse City, Michigan. It's beautiful in the summer. All the rich people have summer homes there including Jon Benet Ramsey's parents. Her father was running for State Senator but I don't think he won.

Just some random Michigan facts

D-I wish I could come and visit. It sounds warm and sunny there.

DZER said...

gigi: :)

naughty one: let's just say: shaving nuts, gay club danceoff, and much more.

sass: you and me both! sandra is my kinda gal.

ell: wanna come shopping? ;)

jenn: I wish you could come too. Hell, I wish ANYONE could come ... so so I can say they did. And check out my pics blog for Guam photos that pretty much show off the warm and sunny. :)

sassinak said...

do your random guam fact of the day and actually tell us exactly where it is willya?

i'm afraid i rather suck at geography in your end of the world.

DZER said...

sass: look for that one tomorrow ;)

kathi said...

A guy who likes to shop? Already getting Christmas stuff?? Wow, amazing you're not taken! What's a jingle george? Oh, and btw, I love the pics of Guam you put up, gorgeous. Blog reunion at dzers!

kathi said...

You're gonna need more than the 4 plates darlin', if we're all having Christmas there.
Good Christmas gift for Dzer...we should all chip in and get this guy a PUPPY.
hugs babe!

Hoochie Mama said...

Oh my! I am a shopping addict! I stay away from all malls and stores. Last time I went to the mall... just to look... I spent over $400! I just can't seem to help it! LOL!

DZER said...

chrissie: nope ... nothin fer you ... or is there? heh

hick: let me check to see if Guam had a sausage-and-cheese store ... nope! yer gonna have to shop yerself LOL

kathi: I should have phrased that different. I like to BUY. Not shop. I've been with women while they shop — the hours on end of looking a different stuff, going back and forth to compare things and prices and features. I go to a store. I buy stuff. I leave. ;)

oh ... and the Jingle George will be unveiled in his full splendor soon LOL

sugarpunk: there will be booty pics to come ... and again, see above comment. Technically, I'm a buyer, not a shopper.

kathi: you're assuming I'd break out my GOOD dishes and silverware for ya'll?

Deb said...

Ugh! The thought of hearing about Christmas shopping in late October has me a tizzy ova'here! NO NO NO X-MAS TALK TILL LATE NOVEMBER!

I'm one of those last minute, Christmas Eve shoppers. However, I end up paying much more because I didn't have time to think, "Hmmm, maybe she doesn't deserve that diamond pendent this year..." I should rethink this whole shop a year ahead deal.

Dzer----we're not holding potluck at your house for Christmas, are we?

Hmmm.

sassinak said...

note that i don't shop either... and i know men that do :P

kathi said...

deb ~ you, a last minute shopper? What a shocker!! In fact, I'm surprised you don't buy everything on line...less germs. :)

DZER said...

deb: if ya'll come, I'll provide the food. And I'm 1/4 the way done with Xmas shopping ... heh ... not counting all the blogger presents I gotta take care of LOL

sass: give up canada, move to Guam and marry me, dammit. I can find some rocks for you to climb.

kathi: LOL