OK, here’s the deal. I couldn’t come up with anything substantive to blog about today. No cohesive theme seemed to pop out from my daily doings. No singular event stood out or seemed to warrant a full-fledged blog entry.. I’m all out of interesting tags to put my personal spin on. So enjoy the disjointed offerings of a man with nothing to say who simply HAS to say something. LOL
1. Handkerchiefs. Yes, I have them. In fact, I own close to a dozen, and they’re pretty nice ones, too. However, I don’t carry them on a regular basis. If I’m going out for something special, or dressing up, or attending some business meeting somewhere, I will ensure I have at least one handkerchief, and usually two, on me.
2. There IS a cure for AIDS. That’s right; something kills AIDS. You know what it is? Lysol disinfectant. That’s right. Read the can (I did, ironically, while ON the can … heh). It states it clearly on the label: “Effective against HIV-1 (AIDS virus) and difficult-to-inactivate hydrophilic viruses such as Poliovirus Type 1 and Hepatitis A.” This is basic, over-the-counter, Lysol disinfectant spray. I guess the only problem is that if you inject Lysol into your bloodstream, it will not only kill HIV, but also you, in general.
3. I won a corporate award of excellence. It was for a selection of my editorials from last quarter. Yay me! I totally rock! LOL.
4. My mouth is feeling a whole lot better. I’m almost to the point where I will be able to chew fully on both sides. Just letting you know because I had no idea how interested so many of you would be in my oral health. Heh.
5. I watched “Snatch” again last night. It was about the 12th time I've seen the movie. OK, more like 15 or 20, I'm sure. If you haven’t seen this movie, watch it. Go to the store today, rent it, come home and watch it. “Oi fookin’ ‘ate pikeys!” Be forewarned: If you’re not good at understanding accents, you’re going to have to watch it with the subtitles on — and everyone in here speaks English! LOL … This movie also has some of the greatest character names ever! Bricktop. Turkish. Bullet-tooth Tony. Boris the Blade, aka Boris the Bullet Dodger. Frankie Four Fingers. While you're at the video store, also rent “Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels” and “Layer Cake” at the same time. Watch them all, back-to-back-to-back.
6. Jon Stewart and “The Daily Show.” Stephen Colbert and “The Colbert Report.” There isn’t a better hour of programming on television. ‘Nuff said.
7. I want to move to England. There, I plan to make friends with people who are like the characters in “Four Weddings and a Funeral,” “Notting Hill” and “Stephen’s Friends.”
8. Bleah. I ran out of even semi-meaningful stuff to say back on Point 4. And yeah; I noticed that you noticed.
Random Guam Fact Of The Day:
• It rained a lot in Guam yesterday.