Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sunday ... and the soon-to-be Monday ...

As I start writing this entry, there are just 35 minutes left till Monday.

Fuck, do Mondays ever suck. Worst day of the week — bar none.

Can I get an, "Amen ?"

As is the case of most days of the week, it is named after a god. But not a cool god. That's why Thursdays rock — because they are Thor's days, and Thor was one bad-ass god. Not Monday. Monday is named after Mani, the moon god of Germany. I'm pretty sure he wasn't the god of the moon, as in the satellite rock in orbit around Earth. I'm positive he was the Germanic god of showing ass as a means of mockery.

Think about it. On Monday morning, don't you feel like someone has just shown you a hairy, brautwurst-padded Heinz heinie?

Let's not forget, it was a Black Monday that's seen as the start of the Great Depression ... and so many of our little depressions.

This is what I'm going to be seeing in just a matter of hours:

Yep. This is my parking space. Yep, I have reserved parking — part of the compensation package for being a high-falutin' editor ;) ... but what I need is valet parking ... LOL

Sometimes, if I get there early (rare — I have my drive timed down pretty much perfectly), I just sit in the truck and stare at the 37. And just wish I had bought a lottery ticket that was a winning ticket. And looking at my watch, wondering how much longer I can put off going in.

And it's not because of my job, because I have a good job. I work with good people. I work for good people. It's just that if work was optional and I could still do all I do now WITHOUT working ... I wouldn't. LOL ... THAT'S how much of a lazy ass I am.

But I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Almost all of you are just starting your Sunday. You have a whole day of possibilities in front of you. You can laze about, make love (well, some of you can LOL), do chores, run errands, watch a movie, drive to the country, go into the city ... but not me. Nope, I'm heading to work soon.

Well, at least Friday is closer for me! LOL

Sunday went pretty much as planned: Slept in till 11:30 a.m., then drove down to the hotel for the card game. We only had 13 players; several who had "confirmed" were not only no-shows, but they didn't answer their phones. I'm guessing their wives clamped them down hard.

It was still a good game. I had a good run and lasted all the way to third place — and only because the time the poker gods chose to give me pocket Queens, they gave one of the other two guys still left in the game pocket Kings. Bastards. What makes it wors is if I would have played a garbage hand of Jack-four off-suit the hand just before that, I would have broke one of them and cut into the other's chip stack, thanks to the full house I would have had. Oh, capricious poker.

So I won enough to pay my backer back the entrance fee, then with the split winnings I left with a whole $40. LOL

Oh well, it was a great way to spend a Sunday and with just a few different moves it could have meant a huge payout. So, all in all, a decent Sunday afternoon.

After that it was just about making myself some dinner, taking a nap and watching some TV.

Overall ... not a bad weekend at all. :)

Ack! It's Monday!!

Random Guam Fact Of The Day:
• What kind of Guam facts do YOU folks want to read about? I got all kinds of miscellaneous information in my skull about this place ... anything you want to know more about? Culture? History? Common-day practices? Island events? Landmarks? Historical sites? Let DZER know!!

12 comments:

Suze said...

Dzer, now I know you are the guy to ask this question of. How many strippers do you have on the island? Also have you kissed them all? LOL.

BTW, I'm enjoying my Sunday, I bet you can't guess what I've been doing. ;)

DZER said...

suze: first of all, I'm LOVING the new avatar. RAWR baby!

Not sure of the total number of strippers here. Off hand, I can think of ... 9 strip clubs here ... most have 6-10 dancers, some have as many as 15 ... and, sadly, I don't know most them LOL

hmm ... is it a safe bet to say that you've been shagging, you randy wench? ;)

ArtfulDodger said...

Suze's new avatar is HOT! She actually stole my question, but it sounds like this gives you something to work towards, getting to know more of them. At least you walked away with some money, better than the alternative. Just so you feel better, I'm spending my Sunday at work! Argh.

DZER said...

art: been there and done that on the sunday ... yech. and, given what I read on your blog, I would have traded my paltry winnings for your big score ;)

DZER said...

next year, I'm hoping the parking will be MUCH further away ;)

and yes .. we had the whole "how much is $40 to you" discussion once before ... LOL

*cough*
stoner
*cough*

Snow White said...

I'm right with ya, DZER... I hate Mondays, and I wouldn't work if I didn't have to! I wish I was lazing the day away making love, but alas, I'm not. Going to lunch with my daughter and a friend (Chinese buffet) then back home to watch some round ball and try to get used to the fact that I have to go back to work tomorrow. *sigh* Why does spring break go by so fast? xoxox

terry said...

mondays suck ass... and even sundays do, after about 5pm, when i start thinking about how i should start getting my stuff together for work monday.
kinda like those old homework worries of yore, because you know i never started mine until sunday night.

and i'm with you -- if i didn't have to work, i wouldn't.

DZER said...

snow white: at least you GET a spring break! LOL ... hope your Sunday was good.

terry: nice to know I have company of a similar mind ;)

JMai said...

Monday are seriously sucky. But. I'll do ya one better...I have an interview tomorrow. At 6. In Miami. Which is like... ooooh I dunno about a 2+ hour drive in afternoon traffic from my office in Boca. Yeah. Super fun.

BUT if it works out... well, I haven't thought that far ahead yet. I'm sorta only going because the primo headhunter in my biz called me for the job. It's worth checking out.

But it will make my Monday that much suckier.

PS YAY I made the blogroll! -feeling all warm and fuzzy- If only I knew how to make a blogroll...

DZER said...

jmai: aren't they? I'm only a couple of hours into mine and already I wanna go home! LOL

well ... I'm at least gonna go to lunch soon; that perks things up a bit.

good luck with the interview ... and hope the headhunter doesn't all shrink up yer noggin. ;)

kathi said...

Sounds a lot like my Sunday, except that I didn't sleep in...and I didn't go anywhere, and I didn't win any money. Wait, what was I sayin?

DZER said...

I think someone spent some time on Sunday with a bottle or two of booze ... LOL