This is a post I've been wanting to do for some time. I think you can tell a lot about a person, couple or family by looking in their fridge. What do they eat? Are there leftovers? Are there jars with stuff swimming in moldy water? What kind of drinks do they prefer? What kind of condiments are readily available for sammiches and other meals?
I decided to hold off on it until I'd gone shopping, so I wouldn't present you with a barren, desolate box of white filled with mostly nothing. I was able to go shopping after work today, so today is when you get to take a peek inside DZER's refrigerator.
Maybe you'll indulge the blogosphere with what's in YOUR fridge.
NOTE: Answers to the movie trivia are posted below this post.
1. 1500-ml Assam Black Tea.
2. Whole milk. None of that low-fat, no-fat crap.
3. (Behind milk) Vinaigrette dressing.
4. Spicy jalepeño cheese dip.
5. Country Crock margarine.
6. Cocoa Krispies in handy plastic container.
7. Folger’s vanilla cappuccino mix. Tasty!
8. Two plastic bags containing N.Y. steaks.
9. (On top of Texas Toast) Cooked chunk white-meat chicken.
10. Texas Toast garlic bread. Haven’t tried this yet.
11. (Behind mac and cheese) Oatmeal with bag of brown sugar on top of it.
12. Country Crock mac and cheese. Fucking delicious!
13. Country Crock garlic mashed potatoes. Also fucking delicious!
14. 12-pack of Pepsi, minus three cans.
15. Eggs (only six left in there).
16. Bagged salad. To the left, spinach. To the right, Ranch mix, with croutons and dressing in the bag.
17. Two slabs of bacon. Mmm … bacon.
18. Stadium rolls, perfect for big sammiches!
Not pictured (behind all the other stuff): Arm & Hammer baking soda (mom taught me right); bottle of white wine; one medium-sized bottle of water; one regular-sized bottle of water; another tub of garlic mashed potatoes; jar of pickles (half empty); jar of garlic cloves; bag of English muffins (only two left).
1. Cheddar chunk cheese.
2. Hard-boiled eggs (for slicing then adding to Ranch salad.
3. Sliced Swiss cheese.
4. 1/4th of an onion.
5. Sliced American cheese.
7. Shredded gourmet Parmesan cheese.
8. Deli Select sliced roast beef.
9. Ketchup (only Heinz, thank you very much).
10. Minced garlic.
12. Ranch dressing (because the dressing in the Ranch salad packs isn’t quite enough).
13. Wasabi mayonnaise.
14. Spinach dressing.
15. French’s yellow mustard. The gold standard!
16. Habañero mayonnaise.
Random Guam Fact Of The Day:
• Many Guam homes have two refigerators — one for the indoor kitchen, one for the outdoor kitchen ... not to mention at least one large deep-freeze.