Saturday, December 03, 2005

take it off ... take it ALL off ...

A nice little photo essay. All pics of me in the barber chair were taken by me, with my handy little digital aimed at the shop's mirrors. LOL

This is my barbershop. Conveniently, it's located just about a 3-iron away from my apartment in Anigua. I used to go to a couple of different places, but the guy who shaves my head at this place does a good job and, again, it's close.

Here's my barber, just finishing up with the anti-hair cover/apron/whatever the hell it is. He's shaved my head dozens of times ... and yet I still don't know his name.

I love getting my head shaved in a barber shop. I can do it at home and do, but not often. The barber-shop head shave is my little luxurient purchase every week or two. There's nothing like a straight razor shearing the hair off your head, nice and clean and close to the skull. The feeling of sharp metal sliding along the scalp ... mmmmm. But don't take my word for it ... try it yourself! LOL

Here I am getting the shaving cream put on. On the name thing: You know what? He doesn't know mine either. He's hoss and I'm boss. "OK, boss, all done." I hand over a $20, getting $5 in change — $10 for the "haircut," $5 tip. "Thanks, hoss." I'm sure we'll exchange Christian names at some point in our relationship.

Oh, and as I've stated before. I'm not bald. I'm not even balding. Hell, my hair isn't even thinning. I just like the way I look with my head shaved. And those who have seen me with hair usually agree. LOL

The end result. Nice and cleanly shaved. No nicks or cuts. Definitely worth $15, especially when you consider he shaves my face as well and gives me a good 5- to 10-minute neck rub using one of those old-school, metal vibrating hands of death in anything but the hands of a master massagers. Nice.


- • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • -

DZER's Guam Pics has been updated with a bunch of new photos. There are some of flowers (see above), some views of Hagåtña, more trees and sky and clouds, even a pack of wild, carnivorous chickens!
- • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • -


Random Guam Fact Of The Day:
• Anigua is technically not its own village. It's a part of Guam's capitol, Hagåtña.

16 comments:

kathi said...

Here's what I don't understand. Why can't you just have it waxed? It would be so much more smooth than a shave and last 3 X the time of a shave.

Oh, and things must be a whole lot cheaper over there if you can get ALL that AND a massage for $10. I'm packing now.

DZER said...

gigi: my two former places were "Little Tommy's Barbershop" and "Conrad's Barbershop" ... I still to go Conrad now and then, if I'm in the area.

kathi: umm ... cuz it would hurt like a bitch? LOL Probably the same reason guys don't wax their faces!

and there's plenty of room here at Casa de Dzer ;)

SignGurl said...

I wanna know how you took those using the mirror but making it look like you didn't take the picture. (Did that make sense? Prolly not 'cause that's how I am.)

Also, the cover/apron/whatever is called a cape.

DZER said...

Jenn: I held the camera in my right hand, just under the cape (thanks for that!) at a slight angle, and made sure I turned off the flash so it wouldn't bounce like crazy thorugh the mirrors.

I got skillz ... what can I say? LOL

Suze said...

Dzer, I've just got to ask.

Is that an adult Video & DVD store next to your barbers? LMAO.

mikster said...

After reading the title of this post I was almost afraid to read on....lol

sassinak said...

nice pics dzer... and you look really cute in the last one :)

also? if i had the balls to shave my head i would get it done that way!

Deb said...

Sass, think about it- if you shave your head, you never know what is hiding behind that hair. I would love to shave my hair due to the fact that it takes me a full hour to blow dry. However, I don't think my girlfriend would find me attractive anymore...

Men have it so easy! I was born the wrong gender Dzer!!! I swear! I want to just put some lotion on my head, and go out on the town and be looking my best.

What a creative shot you did with that picture of you sitting in the chair! I thought someone else took that picture. Brilliant! Did your barber ask 'why' you were taking a picture? *hehe*

DZER said...

suze: it's a regular video rental store ... that just so happens to rent adult films also LOL

mike: and yet, you couldn't resist ;)

sass: aww ... thanks :) ... and I say ... go for it! LMAO

deb: hey, maybe your gal would like you shaved ALL over ... why don't ya ask her? LOL

castufari: well, yeah ... you don't want a day-glow head LOL

Everything Nice said...

So, no sitting on your head then, or WHAT?

DZER said...

naughty one: you can sit ... but you might slide off with my head this smooth ... wait a day or two for some stubble ;)

Grace said...

Hey Dzer, I love your blog. Great stuff!

DZER said...

amazinggrace: why thank you! and I love l... umm ... yer green eyeball! :)

Grace said...

lol, thank you very much... too bad it isn't mine. But if I ever run into the girl who umm "owns" that eyeball, I'll tell her you said so ;)

DZER said...

what? you're walking around with a stolen eyeball? ewww!

Grace said...

I got an eyeball fetish... so sue me :P