Sunday, December 11, 2005

xmas party pics ...

... as promised
the smirk in FULL effect before the Christmas party. heh. and yes, I was in full jewelry accessory mode — three earrings that matched the watch.

a detail shot of the Christmas vest, made by DZER-Mom. It's holly leaves and berries against a field of Christmas green.

Me and co-worker L.

Me and co-worker O, far left, and T, in the middle.

as I noted previously, I rocked the emcee mic. just ask anyone who was there! seriously! heh.

got compliments from everyone I talked to, made folks laugh all night when I had the mic in hand, as a good emcee should, and always the laughing-with laughter, even when I poked fun at others. no one took it personally, the laughter was genial and fun in those instances, everyone was happy.

but was there ever really any doubt? I am that smooth and natural with a microphone. I AM Mr. Hammish H. Hammington. I'm also brilliant AND funny. But you know that — after all, you read it here every day!

OK, now that I've pumped my ego up to the size of Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Float, back to reality.

• I didn't dance. Wasn't even asked to. Usually some of the younger reporter chickadees try to get me out on the dance floor, but I think I've finally trained them not to ask. Also, I've perfected that "I'm not dancing" face. Heh.

• I didn't get drunk. I did have a few beers over the course of the evening, but nothing stronger. I don't do the whole "get-drunk" thing anymore. It's far more interesting to see other people who do still do the get-drunk thing, and what they do when they do do it. doobie-doobie-doo.

• I forgot to take my prize payment and accidently raffled it off with the rest of the presents. Oh well, c'est la vie. It was only lunch for two at a hotel restaurant.

• Even though I really didn't want to be there, I actually had fun, for the most part. I did miss out on a poker game that, from what I've heard, had a lot of good action and a few suckers. Fuck.

Random Guam Fact Of The Day:
• The Random Guam Fact Of The Day is temporarily out of service. Please try again soon.

16 comments:

SignGurl said...

I'm into that not drinking and watching others make complete asses of themselves. Nothing is funnier than making fun of some poor drunk bastard trying to put the make on some young hottie only to be flattened. Yeah, I'm mean like that.

Glad you had fun even though you missed out on the hot poker action.

That vest rocks the hizzouse! You looookked maaaahhhvelous!

Suze said...

Dzer, sounds like you had a great time and certainly made everyone else happy.

What a bugger that you raffled the tickets. But that's you all over isn't it, give, give, give.

Alex is playing with his balls at the moment. No, not that variety. Christmas ones, we are just about to enter in to the spirit of things and put up the tree.

The cat is waiting on the sidelines for his chance to tap the decorations until they fall off.

Thanks for the link, I know you love us. :D

*kisses and smooches from the UK*

mikster said...

Looking pretty GQ there buddy.

DZER said...

jenn: thanks darlin' ... and the vest it DZER-licious! heh

suze: a festive DICK-ensian christmas, love? ;)

mike: thanks pard ... I say: if you own a $680 tux, wear it!! LOL

gigi: ya think you could? Heh.

ell said...

mr. h.h.h. -- love the vest. and i'm SURE gigi could get you dancing!

DZER said...

hmmm ... does h.h.h. stand for "ho, ho, ho?" I hope so! LOL

and maybe if it were the two of you ... ;)

ell said...

it was your name, mr. hammish h. hammington, but ho, ho, ho works too! me and gigi, now there's a tag team for you!!!

Shay said...

I love the vest! ^_^
I love watching everyone else get drunk at parties (I don't drink if it's a work or school function).

DZER said...

ell: my kinda tag team ;)

shay: thanks!! and drunk-watching is a great pastime LOL

Everything Nice said...

you look SO Daper honey!

and Mahalo for the pics, I love it. Im glad you had fun at the party :)

*smooches*

DZER said...

I hope I look dapper and not like a diaper ... ;)

thanks, naughty one! *smooches back*

sassinak said...

shay: or a couple and no more

dzer: damm the stack o'boxes is nice. i've never managed one that good. i mean you're better than me all around but i'm in a league of my own in my circle here.

also? i would get you to dance by promising to not ask again for the rest of the night if you just danced once :)

DZER said...

sass: I'm sure you're in a league of your own in a lot of great aspects ;)

also ... why do so many folks seem to think they would be able to get me to dance? LOL

Oh So Wonderful said...

Ok, so I didn't sneak in to your party to take pics...lucky thing I didnt cause Oy would've said, "Girl what YOU doin' here?!"

Yup, I know said girl in pic. Went to school with crazy Oyaol! This is too strange. I don't know why we haven't bumped into each other, Dz! Guam is TOO small for that NOT to happen! (:

DZER said...

OK ... tomorrow at work I'm gonna ask Oyaol about southern chamorritas who teach ... I'll hunt ya down! LOL

seriously though ... you should let me buy ya coffee sometime :)

Oh So Wonderful said...

Sounds good...I meant the coffee bit..oh crap, you ask Oyaol and damn, that breaks my anonymity! You suck!!!