Saturday, September 10, 2005

What is the soundtrack of your life?

I was thinking about this as I was watching a movie recently ("Forrest Gump" as a matter of fact) and started thinking about how some of the best movies ever had really great soundtracks. The music just totally fits into the storyline so perfectly. You hear a song and it immediately calls a scene of the movie or the movie itself to your mind.

"A Whiter Shade of Pale" always makes me think of "The Big Chill." I can't listent to "Fernando" without calling to mind "Muriel's Wedding." "The Ride of the Valkyries" just IS "Apocalypse Now." Of course, "It Had to Be You" conjures up "When Harry Met Sally."

You get the picture.

Anyway ... it got me thinking. If my life were a movie, what would be the songs on the soundtrack? What would be the soundtrack of my life?

Well, I thought a little bit about it. Here are some of the songs ... I'm sure there are some others I just kinda missed, so this will have to do:

• Two Out of Three Ain't Bad by Meatloaf
• I Want You to Want Me by Cheap Trick
• At This Moment by Billy Vera and the Beaters
• Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2
• Against All Odds by Phil Collins
• When the Music's Over by the Doors
• Take It to the Limit by the Eagles
• Only the Lonely by Roy Orbison
• Captain Jack by Billy Joel
• Peaceful Easy Feeling by The Eagles
• One Headlight by The Wallflowers

Random Guam Fact Of The Day:
• Near the northernmost part of Guam is Ritidian Beach, which is a national wildlife refuge. It's one of the most beautiful and pristine beaches on the island, but also is one of the most dangerous. The riptide that runs through the beach routinely leads to the need for rescues, and, too often, drownings, despite copious use of warning signs.

5 comments:

BigBill said...

Dude!! Your from Guam? Excelent! I was over in Guam for a few days back in 1987 ish.. I was serving a tour in the United States Air Force. I love Guam.. I went swimming at midnight and it was awesum!! The moon was so bright and the water was so clear that I didn't even pay attention to the man-o-war warnings and I went swimming. I remember the water was so clear that even at night standing in water up to my chin I looked down and could see my feet!!!
Although it was hot as hell I drank a lot of San Migel beer and just really loved the Island. Gateway to the Pacific...
I an't remember the name of the base at this point in my life but I have fond memories of that TDY (temporary duty).

BigBill said...

By the way I noticed you blogged about the song "Whiter Shade of Pale". Find "Black Label Society" (music group) and on their album Hangover Music Zac (the dsinger does and excellent version of this song. If you like all the other music that I do I am sure you will like "BLS".

DZER said...

bigbill ... the Air Force Base here is Andersen ... and if you were here before July of 1987 and went out to the clubs, odds are we were in the same club at some point in time LOL

and I will check out Black Label Society ... thanks!

sassinak said...

that would be funny as hell actually.

dude i like your soundtrack but it's sorta stuck in a certain age ;)

DZER said...

sass: none of the new songs really fit me ;)


chrissie: I'm a classic kinda guy ... I think. LOL And no, yours would be a boxed set.