Here's the update: This hat is SO desired, SO wanted, SO yearned for, SO lusted after, SOOOOOOO much in demand that ...
... there has been exactly ONE (1) offer for it. *sigh*
True, there still are 4-1/2 days left in the contest. I'm sure many of you are putting together carefully considered bids. Heh.
What other explanation could there be? I mean, it is a GENUINE green ballcap with the OFFICIAL seal of the great territory of Guam, U.S.A., embroidered directly onto the front of the hat. It's a near priceless item. On eBAy, I'm sure I could get $1.50 for it, not including shipping and handling! LOL
So here you go: Another look at the hat. And the contest rules, repeated.
Contest Rules1. Eligibility: Anyone with a mailing address who enters the contest. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Tell me, in an e-mail sent to email@example.com, what you are willing to give in exchange for the hat. Items must be able to be sent by U.S. mail or other delivery service.
3. I, and I alone, will choose the winning entry, based solely on what I think is the coolest offer.
4. By sending said e-mail, you consent to me publishing your name, or your nom de blog (your choice), and your offer — even if you don't win! Heh. The winner will, of course, be identified, as will his or her winning bid. So be very careful about how feckless and risque your offer is ... LOL
5. The hat will only be sent out once the winning bid is received.
6. Should the winner so choose, he or she can post an HNT featuring him or her in the hat, once it is in his or her possession. This isn't mandatory, but it sure would be pretty cool.
7. Everyone has one week in which to submit their bids. The winner will be announced with my next early HNT.
Random Guam Fact Of The Day:
• The shape of the Guam seal is meant to reflect that of slingstone, an ancient weapon (well, ancient ammunition for an ancient weapon) of the Chamorro people.