• Slept in. This is one of my FAVORITE things in the world to do. Fell asleep around ... hmm ... 1 a.m. ... didn't get out of bed till after 11 a.m. ... niiiiiice.
• Watched some football. Also one of the DZER's favorite things to do (heh; there I go with the third-person thing again). During halftime, I drove out to get a Triple Whopper with cheese ... one of my favorite artery-clogging indulgences. Heh. Ooh ... and onion rings too!
• Came home, watched more football. Blogged a bit. Played some Diablo II, looking for keys and doing some magic finding. If you didn't understand any of that last bit, don't worry about it. LOL
• Chatted for a tad in an IM program. Not too many folks around on the weekend though.
• Went into the office for about an hour. It's work I should have done Friday, but I didn't feel like sitting around the office for too long Friday evening. It was easy, quick work, so no biggie.
• Picked up a couple of things at the grocery store.
• Went over to the house of my malle' and pare' so my godsons could help me blow out the candles on my birthday cake — a quaint little tradition that we've been doing for years. I love those boys so much and love any time I can spend with them. "A" even helped put the candles — black (grrr! LOL) — on the cake — three on the left side, seven on the right ... LOL ... they really like to sing "Happy Birthday" ... and, of course, it's more cake, just 8 days after THEIR birthday cakes! LOL
I got to eat homemade chicken kaddo too — haven't had that in FOREVER so I was mucho happy! This is the Chamorro version of homemade chicken soup ... but it's so much better than your version of the soup. No, really, it is! LOL ... just ask oh so wonderful ... LOL
The cake was a nice chocolate cake with light chocolate cream between layers and a heavy, dark chocolate frosting on top. It was a really good cake — not too heavy, not too dry or moist. Accompanied by a nice cup of coffee, it was a true pleasure.
• Watched "The Cave" with my pare' and godsons (though the boys were more in and out and not really watching it LOL), laying around on the couch. I need to get a couch here. There's just something about lazing on a couch that is sometimes better than a bed ... oh, the fine art of laziness ... LOL
• Went to the theaters to see "Last Holiday" starring Queen Latifah. Not a great movie, but a good, sweet, fun movie — which is just what I was hoping it would be. Some really funny parts ... overall, a nice little flick.
And, finally, the photo so many of you have been waiting for ... heh ...
Almost didn't post this pic ... mainly because it's a REALLY bad angle and far too much of my second chin just sits there .... bleah.
Random Guam Fact Of The Day:
• The Chamorro word for "dog" is "ga'lagu."