Members of the class of 2010, entering college this fall, were mostly born in 1988. For them: Billy Carter, Lucille Ball, Gilda Radner, Billy Martin, Andy Gibb, and Secretariat have always been dead.
• The Soviet Union has never existed and therefore is about as scary as the student union.
• They have known only two presidents.
• There has always been only one Germany.
• They are wireless, yet always connected.
• Smoking has never been permitted on U.S. airlines.
• They have never had to distinguish between the St. Louis Cardinals baseball and football teams.
• DNA fingerprinting has always been admissible evidence in court.
• They grew up with and have outgrown faxing as a means of communication.
• "Google" has always been a verb.
• Mr. Rogers, not Walter Cronkite, has always been the most trusted man in America.
• Madden has always been a game, not a Superbowl-winning coach.
• There has never been a "skyhook" in the NBA.
• Carbon copies are oddities found in their grandparents' attics.
• They grew up in mini-vans.
• Reality shows have always been on television.
• They have always known that "In the criminal justice system the people have been represented by two separate yet equally important groups."
• They have rarely mailed anything using a stamp.
• They have always been able to watch wars and revolutions live on television.
• Green tea has always been marketed for health purposes.
• They have always been searching for "Waldo."
• They never played the game of state license plates in the car.
• They have always had access to their own credit cards.
• Beach volleyball has always been a recognized sport.
• Television stations have never concluded the broadcast day with the national anthem.
• Dolphin-free canned tuna has always been on sale.
• Disposable contact lenses have always been available.
• They grew up with virtual pets to feed, water, and play games with, lest they die.
• Professional athletes have always competed in the Olympics.
The early HNT from Guam:
Hey ... I finally didn't forget to get my early HNT from Guam posted on time ... late Wednesday here on Guam. This time I was proactive and got it done a couple days ago. So without further ado ...
To find out more about Half-Nekkid Thursday,
check out the link, baby: