• Spent $100 today on three pieces of clothing. This is one of the things that sucks most about being a guy who is both fat AND tall — clothes cost a LOT of money. Being on small island, even with the obesity rate here, means options are limited. There are no specific big-and-tall stores. Catalog ordering, even online, takes a long time in terms of delivery. There are no big outlet malls with cheap stuff. For the benjamin, I got: black slacks; a white, long-sleeve dress shirt; and a Big Daddy T-shirt, which was 20 percent off, or the bill would have been higher.
• Reason for needing new clothes, at least the slacks and dress shirt: I'm going to be on live TV for about two hours on Friday. I'm co-emcee'ing a political debate. Oops ... just realized I will also need to get a bunch of handkerchiefs ... us big guys sweat a lot under the lights!
• Still no word. I think I'm too antsy about this, especially because I REALLY am hopeful. Oh well, will keep ya'll updated as things progress ... IF they progress.
• Did four loads of laundry yesterday. Today, I finally got around to getting it all sorted, folded and/or ironed. All that's left to do is match up socks and put away the jeans and T-shirts. Unfortunately, I still have another four loads to do, and I probably should try to get that done before the weekend too. Fucking Bleah™. Laundry sucks ass, especially when you have to drive somewhere to do it and then lug it all back home.
• I skipped three poker games last week, including two of my regular games. Yesterday (Tuesday night, just several hours ago LOL), I skipped the main regular game again. Later today, there's another game and, again, it's likely that I won't go. It's not that I can't, from a financial standpoint -- I'm actually fairly flush right now. But I think I'm going to pay off my 2005 taxes (I filed an extension), so that's about $330 I will have to shell out. Add in the rent and utilities, which I have to pay this week. Even with all of that, I'm still in good fiscal position until payday and beyond, but I think I'm also going to put some more into my savings account, aka THE FUND.
• I also rolled more coins. I need to get some labels -- my bank doesn't have one of those auto sorters, so I have to include my name and account number on each roll of coins. Oh well ... more money into THE FUND; that’s the important thing.
Oh ... and be sure to check out the various names of DZER in the post below, if you haven't already ;)