Tuesday, August 08, 2006
gratuitous mugging in purple ...
Bits & Pieces ...
• Stopped by a strip club last night (it's now 3:25 a.m.). None of the THREE strippers were anything special. None of them were into their performances, but the club was pretty dead. Nothing like disinterested exotic dancers. It's hard for a woman to come across as sexy or sensual when she's blase and indifferent. One had a very nice body, young and supple, but years of drugs and other bad decisions made her face look like it was 65 years old. It was like someone took the head off an old lady and somehow mounted in on the body of a 25-year-old. Sad. And, quite frankly, very scary. Glad I didn't sit at the stage.
• I should be asleep right now. In fact, I should have been asleep for about an hour.
• I hate that I didn't get to play golf this past weekend. Think I will hit the driving range sometime after work this week to get back in the swing of things. Ha! Get it? SWING of things!
• I've suddenly become a big fan of D'Anjou pears. Don't know why. Last year I was on an apple kick.
• Need to put another new hole in the belt. Need some new clothes. September is a three-payday month. Maybe then.
• Still have about $200 left from poker winnings. It's great to go for more than a week without having to hit the ATM while you're still spending on groceries, dining out and other things.
• I miss you. Yeah, you ... you know who you are.
• Excuse me.
• Recently bought a book I've been wanting to read for a couple of years. Just happened on it. Halfway through it already. Trying to savor it, or I'd be done with it by now.
• Who wants pie?