• Had to work pretty much a full shift on Saturday night.
• There's a tropical storm in the area that's supposed to hit between Guam and Rota, which means we'll be getting storm force winds of about 50 mph later today (Sunday, Guam time), if the storm continues on its current track and speed. You never know with these things -- it could speed up, slow down, intensify, turn north or south ... *sigh*
The storm probably means I'll lose power at some point, with the winds knocking down power lines and what not.
Oh well, nothing to do about that but sit back and hope for the best.
• Because of the storm, the weekly golf outing with the godsons will have to be canceled ... unless there's some freak shift with the storm.
• Dinner was grand. I started with a nice German beer, a Duckstein. For appetizer, I had garlic sautee'd mushrooms on slices of french bread (about the size of small bruschetta), with melted Swiss on top ... divine. The three of us shared a tapas platter -- marinated olives, shrimp with a heavenly cream dipping sauce, cheese, roasted vegetables, salami and proscuitto ... yummy most! Main course was a tenderloin in a dreamy green-pepper sauce and potatoes au gratin. Finished off the meal with a lovely coffee and choice piece of chocolate pie.
• Karaoke was a lot of fun. Haven't been out singing in awhile. They didn't have most of my usual standards, but I did do David Bowie's "China Girl" as well as Barry Manilow's "Copacobana" and joined in with group singing endeavors -- Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" and a couple others. Had a kamikaze on the rocks and an Absolut screwdriver. Combined with the beer, it was the most alcohol I've had in one night in forever. Then I came home and did some work, played a little online poker then went to bed.