Thursday, November 10, 2005

deez boots ...

It's always a moment of pure serendipity when I can find a pair of shoes that fit my monstrous feet. It's even a more sublime moment when I can find a pair of BOOTS that I can get my feet into without creating some kind of ancient and forbidden foot torture. So imagine my surprise at finding a pair at Kmart, of all places.

What's even cooler is that I've been looking for a pair of black boots for some time. Why, you ask? (Or do you? Are you actually contemplating skipping past the boot brouhaha?) Anyway, the reason I needed black boots is to complete my Jingle George Santa outfit. Last year, My mom, superior seamstress that she is, made me a pair of pants and a jacket — soft, velvety red with white fuzzy trim, and had a behemothly large and massive leather belt to complete the look. Santa hats are always easy to find — in fact, I have three or four of them. But I couldn't find boots. Last year I had to wear black shoes and while they kinda worked, they just didn't really COMPLETE the outfit. The boots do.

The first Jingle George installment runs this Saturday, with weekly features all the way up to Christmas; next week I will be doing a number of photo shoots in the costume for the articles and the Web site ... ACK!

I say "ack" but I'm secretly juiced about it. Why, you ask? (OK, I'm not going to go there this time. Shit. I think I just did). Well, in case you DIDN'T notice (and shame on you if you didn't, because it's fairly blatant), I'm something of a ham ... OK, I'm a GIANT HAM!

Note to my huge Jewish fan base (umm ... is there anyone besides buttah? LOL): Just because I'm ham, don't think you can't continue to partake in my wholesome goodness. Unless you plan to eat me. And, even then, I AM circumsized! ;)

This year, Jingle George will once again be at the grand opening of the Hilton Guam Resort & Spa's Holiday Train exhibit, and I will be taking a few hours to serve as a celebrity bell ringer for The Salvation Army.

More gigs will be announced as they come along.

15 comments:

DZER said...

sugarpunk: have a good one, darlin' ... and brouhaha is a very cool, very underused word. ;)

gigi: masturbatorial fantasy coming in a little clearer now? LOL

Deb said...

Hey ----- you know when I was in high school, I worked at K-Mart in the warehouse for a while.... and do you know that K-Mart gets their shoes from big distributers such as Bass/Timberland/etc...? They're not "K-Mart" shoes---

Nice pick! I need a pair of those for winter!

DZER said...

deb: well, these are called "Texas Steer" ... not a brand known for quality LOL ... but they'll work. ;)

gigi: no Mr. Snuffleupagus here LOL

DZER said...

grainne: always hard to find socks ... I buy a lot of those when I find them LOL

and I think the bell ringing day is Dec. 10 ... I'll let you all know ;)

Everything Nice said...

Those are perfect boots to complete the outfit!!! And they look like they could stomp LARGE mudhole too.

Can I borrow em?

No, don't take them off!

Can I borrow em?

kathi said...

I love boots, have several pairs...but I am a Texas girl.
I can't wait to see you in your whole outfit, I bet you're adorable. I'll pass you a few bucks for ringing my (I mean "a", yeah that's it "a") bell.
We don't have Kmarts anymore, I didn't know they still existed. Hmmmmm.
Trying to imagine Deb as a blue light special at Kmart....lol.

DZER said...

naughty one: they'd probably reach your knee .... and they are kind of Dom-ish, no? ;)

kathi: I miss my shit-kickers ... even harder to find a pair of cowboy boots that fit ... and I'll ring yer bell whenever you want ;)

deb on blue light? LOL

murphy: there will be pics ... probably too many, but there will be pics LOL

SignGurl said...

I don't know why, but those boots turn me on. There's just something about boots....

DZER said...

jenn: well these boots are made for ... ;)

SignGurl said...

You big tease! I'll bet you would leave them on too! I'd let ya.

DZER said...

OK boots ... start walkin' ...

DZER said...

oh that first "santa" suit fucking blew!! It was like some norweigan-inspired retro 60s funk fashion disaster.

i'm glad my mom rocks the sewing machine ...

DZER said...

i can't believe I actually wore that piece of crap ... *shaking my head*

and she is cool ... even when she used to pick up the phone at the wrong time LOL

DZER said...

I never thought I looked good in that thing ... I think I thought I had to wear it cuz the PDN paid for it ...

and she didn't call me a degenerate when I came out for breakfast an hour or so later LOL

Oh So Wonderful said...

You would not believe all the little inside jokes you have on this post that had me bawling! If you only knew...

Glad to see you found something to complete your ensemble.

Hmmm...now I'm wondering if my family and I should wander down to the Hilton to see the train exhibit (we normally do anyway).....