Monday, November 07, 2005

retooling the whole gift thing ...

I was flipping through some blogs this weekend and in one of them, a blogger by the name of Hot DEB (or something along those lines ... heh) had a post about receiving flowers, including a picture of the said flowers ... though somehow the post mysteriously disappeared later on ... LOL

Anyway, it got me to thinking about the whole flowers thing. In short, how it's all geared at CHICKS! Women ... ladies ... girls. And I can see why the ladies like flowers, and even more why they like getting flowers. And chocolates. And stuffed animals.

But where is the guy equivalent? If a guy wants to tell a girl he's sorry, or that he loves her, he sends flowers. Or candy. Or stuffed animals. If a gal wants to convey that to a guy, what does she send? That's right — nothing! Well, sometimes she sexes him up, I guess. And, come to think of it, chicks never apologize to guys, do they? (Yes, Chrissie, in your case you are NEVER wrong! LOL) But that's another topic.

Why isn't there an equitable service for (non-gay) guys? I have an idea to fill in this huge gap in services: TOOL BOUQUETS! You heard me. If a guy can spring for $40 to $100 (or more) for a bouquet of flowers, why can't a gal shell out the same for some nice quality tools for the fellas? Cheap tool bouquets can be screwdriver or wrench sets. We can never have too many of either.

The more expensive, fancy "bouquets" can be CRAFTSMAN POWER TOOLS, like a cordless drill and driver, trim saw and worklight set! The fella you love will love for providing him with power tools!

And why not extend this to wedding showers and weddings. Why do chicks get to register at places for towels, kitchen items and plates and shit? Sure, it's going to be for "both of them," but don't you think that the same goes for guy stuff like power tools and yard gear? Why can't we register at the Sears Hardward Department? Or Home Depot?

And if guys have to give ladies engagement rings, why don't we get SHIT? Howzabout an engagement riding lawnmower? Or an engagement home theater system?

It's all about equality. You've come a long way, ladies. The whole dowry thing is a relic of the past. It's time for you all to give as good as you get.

btw ... new pics up on DZER's Guam Pics!

Random Guam Fact Of The Day:
• In ancient Guam, the women were the ones with the power to end a marriage. If a man returned to his home and all his shit was sitting outside, he was divorced.

27 comments:

SignGurl said...

I think DeWalt poweer tools are better than Craftsman. I'll be sending some your way Duane.

SignGurl said...

BTW I think you are onto something with this. You should try and market it.

DZER said...

aww ... thanks darlin' (for the tools)

as for the other ... I'm just an idea man LOL

Deb said...

Okay buddy, what's your address....email me at dtimagery@hotmail.com and I will send you a bouquet of something even MORE suitable for your needs....trust me.... *wink

Umm....Kathi was seeing things. There were no flowers on my post! Really!

hehe!

DZER said...

deb: deny all you want ... I saw them ... LOL

and my mailing address is posted for the world to see ... look over to the right LOL ... though that's a P.O. Box ... I guess if you REALLY want to send me something, I could give you my work address ... so you can embarrass me there ... lemme know ;)

DZER said...

chrissie: you can? guess that show you how far away from any kind of marriage and thus registry plans ... LOL

and you never sent ME flowers ... man flowers or not ... :(

DZER said...

i'll work really hard on both ;)

DZER said...

gigi: I'm so sorry!

apology flowers on the way!

LOL

Everything Nice said...

http://candygiftsplus.com/sports.htm

Good place for Man Bouquets. I'd send you one, but you're all for giving me shit constantly.

da buttah said...

i got my dad a wine-quet! it was little mini bottles of all these different wines you select, and it came in a bouquet. HE LOVED IT!!

DZER said...

gigi: sorry ... that was a psyche! LOL

naughty one: I'm one to give you shit? all I give you is love, devotion, attention and the odd venereal disease!

*mwah!!*

buttah: Now THAT sounds like a cool gift!! Good daughter! P.S. ... didja notice yer button? LOL

Everything Nice said...

Everything nice said...
naughty one: http://dzerland.blogspot.com/2005/10/infamous-fff-questionnaire.html

and you replied to the post ... guess ya just didn't read it too closely LOL

and then ya followed it up with a "Ummmmmm... yeah right."

Dude, what the fuck? Yeah, I can feel the love and devotion just ooooooooooooozzzzziiinnnnggg there.

You catch more bees with honey mister.

DZER said...

naughty one: give me the address and apology flowers will be on the way (non-psyche).

hick: do whatcha gotta do, big boy ;)

da buttah said...

i did!! how did you do that?!!

sassinak said...

grainne: yeah i'm starting to think that having a pic of myself swinging a sledgehammer on a dating site is counter productive at best :)

that said, if i ever get married again i am SO registering at crappy tire (er canadian tire which rocks) and home despot AND the towel/sheet/small appliance place :)

Deb said...

Midwest is getting in touch with his feminine side...aweeeeeeeeeee..........wait till he sends the power tools you've always wanted.

I have a few 'power tools' of my own. But we won't go there.

*writing down your address and sending you something special my dear*

Deb said...

Oh hell Dzer! It's a fricken PO box! It's not gonna fit!

*shush Chrissie--already reading your dirty little perverted mind* lol!!! *xoxo

sassinak said...

i love chopping wood, it is by far the most satisfying physical job i know of...

bit hard on the shoulders but wtf :)

goooo grainne impressing the rednecks!

DZER said...

Buttah: I’ve got mad photoshop skills ;)

Gigi: that’s not what the stripper gals will say tonight! LOL

Hick: will try to set the mood better next time LOL

grainne: so I’m learning … and I’d love to see you mounted on a John Deere riding mower, waving a chainsaw in the air! LOL

sass: I LOVE your sledge pics! And you can never have too many good tires ;)

deb: I BET you have power “tools” … dirty, dirty! And what the hell were you gonna send to my P.O. box? LOL

grainne: sing for me!

sass: no other satisfying “physical” jobs? ;)

Murphy: glad to see you on board. Someone send that man some drywall mounts and spackle!

grainne: that reminds me … I’d better check again today … maybe it’s FINALLY in!

Steppin' On Toes said...

Wow. I love that ad. Thanks Dzer! Sent you an email with postal address btw. O, and I love the fact of the day. No wonder I like to have power...I'm a true Guam chicka. LOL.

DZER said...

Jax: good to "see" you around again! and I will check the e-mail when I get home and dig up the fridge magnet! dankolo na si Yu'us ma'ase ...

Unknown said...

"If a man returned to his home and all his shit was sitting outside, he was divorced."

Dude, that's exactly how the hell it works in the States now.

They do make Candy Bouquets, but I think a BeerQuet would be much, much better.

Hey, are the flowers on your blog gonna disappear too?

DZER said...

sable: a beerquet would rock ... a 12-pack of fine imported beers, or a case of the domestic stuff ... good point!

and no, the flowers here will remain ... unless deb steals them ...

DZER said...

hick: she strikes me as a thief ... sneaky look ... LOL

kathi said...

THANK YOU, I MEAN IT DZER...THANK YOU *thumbing nose at deb* nah na na na nah...HA HA HA HA HA HA

Oh, did I say THANK YOU, dzer???? Just in case I forgot,

THANK YOU!!!

kathi said...

sabledawn ~ now THAT'S what I'm talkin about!!!

bend it over deb, take it like a big girl

DZER said...

kathi: LMAO