Things I’m pretty sure will never happen:
• I don’t think I will ever get married. There will never be a Mr. & Mrs. DZER. Heck, I’ll be lucky if I ever get another girlfriend again … not like there’s been all that many in my 37 years … or any in the last decade or so.
Think I can get away with throwing a “Bachelor Forever Shower,” to which I can invite selected friends who will give me presents to commemorate my terminal bachelorhood?
The woman I love and with whom I'm in love with will never love me the same way.
• I don’t think I’ll ever have kids of my own. The DZER seed will die with me. It will be up to my bruddahs -- the Missouri Savage and Air Force Staff Sgt. James to bring more George Boys into the world. Good luck fellas … get to propogating!
• I don’t think I will ever be rich or famous. If I hit a lottery draw somewhere, sometime, I have a shot of being rich (the same shot as anyone LOL), but I don’t think I’ll ever be truly famous. I think that I have the talent to possibly make it happen, but unless some fluke thing happens, I don’t think I have the drive or initiative to fully utilize my talent to its utmost and advance myself.
I do have a shot an infamy though ;)
• I don’t think I will ever be fully and completely happy. I recognize that I will have moments and times of happiness. Things, events and people will make me happy. But I don’t think anyone is always happy; it’s a impossible; which is why the perpetually cheery piss me off -- I know they’re lying.
• I don’t smoke, don’t drink, what do I do?
• I know I will never pose for Playgirl … or for any other major publication. LOL
• I will never have the body shape or looks that I wish I had. And, somehow, I’m relatively cool with that. At least, that's what I keep telling myself. ;)
• I will never be on a reality show. You're welcome!!
• I will never fulfill my dream of sitting at the final table of the World Series of Poker main event. It's a statistical improbability, given the number of people who enter every year now. But I'll hold on to the dream that, someday, I'll at least get to PLAY in the WSOP main event. Anyone got $10,000 that I can borrow? LOL
And now some other stuff:
(of course it's in list format!! I'm a habitual lister!!)
• Got a call a little earlier from my brother in the Air Force. On Monday he heads out for his third deployment to the Middle East. He'll be there till January, then it's back to England for a few more months. In April it will have been 10 years he's been in the military, and he's just re-upped.
Stay safe, brother mine ...
• My Monday golf is off. The former coworker from Japan decided to come out a little earlier, so he will be here from Thursday and leaves Sunday. Oh well ... still have golf with the godson and his dad on Sunday, and I'm sure I will be able to fit another round or two in during my days off ... unless I get super lazy.
• I rented a shitload of DVDs tonight -- "The Sentinel," "Take the Lead," "Inside Man," "Friends with Money," "Patriot Act," and the 2005 version of "The Producers." I had to rent the latter after watching the original on AMC the other night. Mel Brooks is a comic genius!! Like you didn't know that.
• I want to build a DZER-sized playground. Mostly because I really like swinging on the swings. I always have. It was my favorite playground station. Remember when you finally learned to swing yourself and didn't need any pushes? How cool was that?
But I think I liked jumping off the swings more than swinging on them. Sometimes for height, sometimes for distance. There was just something about flying through the air, that point at which you're just kind of hanging there, right before you begin falling.
I'm too big to jump now; couldn't trust my knees, ankles or leg bones to hold up under that kind of strain. LOL
• I think I'm going to drink some pepper-infused vodka now ... but I leave ya'll with this:
The early HNT from Guam!!!
To find out more about Half-Nekkid Thursday,
check out the link, baby:
Oh ... and a few more photos up at DZER's Guam Pics ... for the few who care ;)