Sunday, September 10, 2006

for the saturday stalkers ...

Ah, my poor neglected DZERettes and other DZER fans -- well, one of you, anyway -- whatever do you do when there is nothing new for you on the Diatribe?

How do you make it through the day without a fresh dose of DZERness? DZERosity? DZERism? Do you sit there hitting refresh, hoping new stuff will suddenly pop up? Do you go back and look at older posts?

If you don't, you might want to ... didja know I sometimes post secret, hidden messages? LOL
like this one!!!
The DZER humbly apologizes (*snort*) for teasing you with promises of a post that did not come.

Saturday was spent at the office. In early to plan out our Sept. 11 five-year anniversary coverage, which will span four days, from Sunday through Wednesday. Then, a little while putting my section together. Then, a few hours on the copy desk since we are currently without freelance weekend people. Then some grocery shopping -- lots of veggies and fruit, but also a pack of extra-thick bacon for my favorite bacon-tomato-mayo (shaddap Madame X!) sammiches -- then home for a couple hours. The, back to the office to finish up the day.

That's why you got no Saturday post.

Sunday, which just began for me, will be spent, yet again, on the golf course in the late morning, early afternoon hours, with my godson and my pare'. Then it will be home for a shower, a little rest, then into the office to cover another shift and do a bunch of administrative, managerial stuff ... I hope. Must ... overcome ... laziness ... procrastination ... phlegmatic personality ...

Last full day off: Aug. 27.

Fucking Bleah™!!

PHOTO TIME!
This is my truck's odomoter. It's a 1994 Nissan Hardbody Kingcab SE-V6, and next year it will be a full 13 years old (in April). The odometer count -- 109,588 (and higher now) -- may not seem like a lot of miles for many of you in the mainland, but remember that my island is only about 30 miles from north coast to south coast, and only 9 miles wide at its widest point.

I need a new vehicle soon, I think ... but it, like many other things, will wait ... or, at least, so I hope ... LOL

Thought I'd share this with you ... the pimped out chain-link license plate frame on the public school bus. This is one proud bus driver. I'm sure there are fuzzy dice hanging from the rearview mirror, a hula dancer on the dash, and he probably would have the naked silver silhouette ladies on the mudflaps if he was allowed to ... though they could just be in the mail or on back order!

couple of new photos up
over at DZER's Guam Pics.


LUBBIN' DA FOOSBALL!
I'm loving the fact that football is in full swing. The NFL has started, and come Sunday it's a bevy of games. College football has been going strong for a couple weeks, and there are some great games this weekend. Plus, my HUSKERS aren't looking as crappy as they have the past few years. Local high school football started Friday night, my time, and my alma mater kicked our rivals' asses, blanking them 14-0. I have high hopes, despite the three-time defending champs, who blasted their opening opponents by a crazy 54-0. That's a beat down!


1 comment:

ArtfulDodger said...

Dman, chill out on the golf course and relax my friend. Sounds like you need it. And maybe start giving yourself blogging days off, y'know? Pick a day every week and don't blog at all that day. I've been doing that lately and it has really helped.